Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Who is missing?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you're missing Alfredo Griffin at short? but I'd have to go look to be sure.

I was a huge dodger fan back in the day but man, this is scratching some very old neurons. I use to listen to them on the radio as a kid. I'm 99% sure the 1988 dodgers were also the worst hitting team to ever win the world series with something like a 0.242 team batting average.

Thanks for triggering some memories either way :)

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice job. I figured there would be some Dodger fans here who might remember, but man you got that quickly. Griffin's spot actually had some significance. He was pinch hit for in the ninth with two out by Mike Davis who earned a walk, then stole second, setting the scene for the memorable pinch hit homer by the injured Kirk Gibson off Dennis Eckersley. For those too young to have seen that matchup, I'm sorry you missed the epic moment.

Here's a recent one. I can't resist submitting the lineup of my beloved 2015 World Champion Kansas City Royals when they battled the New York Mets in Game One. It is the longest (14 innings) game one in World Series history. Who is missing?

Alcides Escobar
Ben Zobrist
Lorenzo Cain
Eric Hosmer
Kendrys Morales
Mike Moustakas
Salvador Perez
Alex Gordon
?????????

Updated Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 4:58:49 am PDT
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I couldn’t have said who was missing from the lineup in that first one, but I knew which game it was. ^.^
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Awesome! I remember the walk and that it was a pinch hit but I did not remember it was for Griffin! The walk itself was notable since Eck only walked 11 guys in 70+ innings that year. He had great control.

MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a hint for the missing Royal--he's an outfielder and only played for KC in 2015.
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Man, I completely forgot that Alex Rios was ever a Royal. I have to say I was rooting against the Royals that year...as an Indians fan, sometimes the Royals got on my nerves, idk why. I had a friend that was a Mets fan, so I was cheering them on for his sake as well. Congrats though.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I had to do the math and can't believe that Dodgers/A's series was 29 years ago. That's insane.

Went back to youtube to watch some of it. I would've lost the bet on who the Dodgers started in that game! Wasn't that the year Orel pitched 50-some scoreless innings?

Side note: World Series games were better when they didn't start at night.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
This is an easier one (for me, anyway): 2009 WS
Derek Jeter
Johnny Damon
Mark Teixeira
Alex Rodriguez
Hideki Matsui
Jorge Posada
???????????????
Nick Swisher
Brett Gardner

Updated Monday, October 2 2017 @ 12:39:56 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like 2B. Personally I still have a vendetta against the Yankees for beating my Braves in the 90s. Was it Robinson Cano in 2009? Or was it still one of his predecessors?
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
It was Cano

Previous Page | Show All |