Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> 2017 Baseball Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, since no one else has said anything about this, I'll bring it up. The WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWindians are at it again, as they defeated the Orioles 3-2 for their 18th straight (against Hellickson, ironically enough @Cactusguy21). How long do you guys think this streak will continue? And speaking of streaks, the Dodgers have now lost 10 in a row, as well as 15 out of their last 16. Will they be able to right the ship in time for the postseason?

Updated Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 8:49:59 pm PDT

Updated Sunday, September 10 2017 @ 8:50:14 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...watching the Yankees vs. Twins. Yanks down 3 in the top half of the 1st, but have stormed back for 7-5 lead in the 5th.

Exciting game...

Steve
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Being a Yankees fan, I had a total bipolar experience last night as a fan.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Enjoying the 2017 playoffs...but I have to say, I really don't like the one game wildcard playoff game. One game just isn't really sufficient to determine the better team. Would rather have fewer teams in the playoffs (maybe 4 instead of 5) and not have a one game wildcard playoff.

For example, the Twins didn't even get a home playoff game. They went and lost at Yankee Stadium...they were hardly in the playoffs before they were out.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think anyone would honestly suggest the Wild Card Game determines who is the better team. It's pure madness, nerves, mayhem and fun. At least that's the intention, I think, and I have to say I buy into it. Yes, it's silly, but it's exciting.

Also, I believe part of the rationale is they don't want to create too many off days for the other teams waiting in the playoffs. Besides, let's face it, two out of three isn't really much better in deciding who is better.
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
the indians blew a 2-0 lead.
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clevelands pitching and defense really let them down. No way anybody saw that coming. That's playoff baseball for ya. Hats off to the Yankees though
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Altuve's run
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
JR Richard & Jose Cruz baseball cards in some shoe box somewhere.
Ty_Ronald

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Wild Card game is sort of a punishment for the top 2 teams who didnt win thier divisions. Its also the final huwwah for the 2 teams in getting into the REAL playoffs. It isnt intended to decide who the better team is, its intended for love sweat and HOME RUNS.

Previous Page | Show All |