Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> 2017 Blue Jays   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Jays - Phillies are on tv today. :)

Management took some heat for the offseason. Think they did fine. I'm guessing they didn't sign a LF hoping either Pompey or Alford catches fire and bumps Zeke out of a job by June.

Would love to see Telez rip the cover off the ball during the spring.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a big fan of the 2 main 'pen additions - Smith and Howell, I think they'll pay their way well. It'll be interesting to see how the line up is set, hoping for a full season of Lead-off from Travis. I'd like to see Pompey in there at LF and Pearce as the full time 1B, I think Pompey has the potential to become the starting CF for a while to come if Pillar falls off, or gets traded during a losing season.

Updated Monday, February 27 2017 @ 12:29:23 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
We had the Reds on radio Friday afternoon. Makes you feel like summer is right around the corner!

I'm sure the fans went nuts over letting two big-time sluggers go. But this isn't the PED era anymore. Signing guys going into their 30's to the kind of long-term deals they want would be insane. Players start to break down like they did pre-1990's. Ask the Angels how the Pujols and Hamilton deals worked out.

Don't think the Jays took any steps backward. Only the Red Sox got any kind of significant upgrades in the East.

Previous Page | Show All |