Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Extra Inning Changes in Low Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From what I hear, there is going to be a man on second at the start of extra innings in the low minors. I guess there is going to be talks about adding this in the Majors, which I think would stink at that level. It is a good rule at lower minor league levels to help develope players. Any thoughts on this?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I guess they want fewer extended games...just seems like a bad idea on the face of it.

How does that guy get on second? If he scores, who is responsible for the run? Is it earned? Etc.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yuck
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/02/09/new-extra-inning-rule/97712614/ This is an article about it. Say it ain't so, Joe.
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Worst idea ever! If the new MLB is looking for ways to speed up games you can start by not allowing managers to look at 30 different replays before deciding if he even wants to challange a play.
Cut down on warmup pitches for a relief pitchers entering a game, or even eliminate the 3 minute waddle the manager does to go out to the field to get the ball from the pitcher.

Rob Manfred is making me miss Bug Selig. Ugh.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If mlb is looking to speed up the game, they could just remove some ad break?

$$$$ But MLB may never do that.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Rob Manfred is making me miss Bug Selig. Ugh.

Ouch...that is bad. Selig was clueless...

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |