Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> RIP   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Vols

Norman Aces
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
If you're not aware already, Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura and former major league infielder Andy Marte died in separate car crashes. Ventura passed away Sunday morning in the Dominican Repubic.Ventura played for four seasons with the Royals primarily as a starting pitcher, going 38-31 with a 3.89 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 470 strikeouts. He was 25 years old. Marte also died in the Dominican Republic in a car crash Sunday morning. In his early career, he was ranked as a top 15 prospect. Even though he never became the player some predicted him to be, Marte hit .218 average with 21 home runs and 99 RBI. He was 33. I haven't found what caused the crash.(Speeding, Alcohol, etc.) If you look at pictures of the accident, you should know that I saw a picture with a body so be careful if your easily grossed out.

Updated Sunday, January 22 2017 @ 10:03:15 am PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Omg. I hadn't seen or heard that. I'd bet my house I'm the biggest KC Royals fan on this site. I'm shocked. I think I'm even more freaked out because I had to change a work password last week and I made the letter part Ventura referencing him. I can't believe it. I don't know what to say or do. He's part of our World Champion team. I can't imagine what they're all feeling. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I'm completely blown away.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...very tragic. Car crash in the Dominican apparently took his life. RIP

Steve
Vols

Norman Aces
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I read somewhere Marte last MLB game was against Ventura on 8/6/14.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another bizarre coincidence...what team did I face today? Ventura. It was an unkind day.
Jren7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The sad thing is that I read somewhere was that he was still alive after car crash and while he was just lying there people came up and robbed and assaulted him, and no one helped to keep him alive. As a royals fan this saddens me much and this should never happen
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The robbery portion of the tragedy, thankfully, was not accurate. Ventura died instantly and his personal effects were found with him.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/01/25/claim-that-yordano-ventura-was-robbed-after-his-crash-refuted/

Previous Page | Show All |