Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Trouble with Legends League Financials   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/forum/-/6/6232

Maybe that was the wrong year.
Perhaps it happened again?
Anyway I don't have anymore time today so I'll leave all this here for you guys.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see a bug here...?

In 2042, you won the division, had lots of happy fans, and raked in a good gate.

In 2043, you came in 4th (no playoff revenue), and your gate revenue wasn't increased much despite an increase in ballpark size. Naturually, there was a big bump in franchise fees which is true of every jump. If you don't maximize your gate revenue, you won't make as much money. If you don't make the playoffs, you won't optimize your gate revenue.

You had 2M less to work with than 2042, and expected 2M more. If you had continued to win (come in 1st), you could have easily made that additional 4M.

2041 is actually a better comparison since you also came in 4th that season. How do the 2043 finance compare to 2041?

Updated Friday, January 24 2020 @ 9:12:04 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mooer, I always assumed Steve had it that way to make it difficult to stay in Legends. The financials get even worse as players start to get stupid salaries simply because they played in Legends. I had multiple seasons of losing more than ten mill. The funny thing is I made the most money ($6M) last year when I surrendered after the first month of play, fired veterans and had the worst Legends season of all-time. Silly, but true. Gate actually has very little to do with it. It's about salaries. My horrible, give-away season was only $9 million short in ticket sales (and I have the second lowest fan mood in all of Broken Bat!) to my best season. Salaries, however, were $28 million apart!

Updated Friday, January 24 2020 @ 9:37:57 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mooer is asking about Budget. Not Salaries. But I agree that you don't necessary gain finance at each level. I think you actually get the best deal down in VI where there are no franchise fees.

Either way, I doubt very much its a bug.

Updated Friday, January 24 2020 @ 9:44:00 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Moo Cows said,

The bug is that this number is LOWER than my budget in League II.

I said,

Mooer, I always assumed Steve had it that way to make it difficult to stay in Legends.

The rest is merely part of a conversation.

Updated Friday, January 24 2020 @ 9:51:52 pm PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Laredo is in L2 now, and will pay a Franchise Fee of -1,350,000 every week; in Legends it was -1,850,000
there's a cool 5M penalty for the season.

Don't forget there is also a "tax" applied to savings above a certain level (I forgot the % or the threshold)

In my experience, I will say it's true what has been said about Legends' player's salaries growing steeper.

I will add also that game income is strictly correlated with Fan Mood, which in turn is easier to increase in the lower leagues.
I think that Fan Mood will change by the same amount in league play (comparable level of team's strength), but Legends teams will increase less and decrease more in Cup games (because all the teams they play are lower in the ladder)

To sum up: to support a salary structure in Legends over multiple seasons you need a successful team (Winning record, both in league and cup games) to keep Fan Mood higher than average, and a stable roster for many seasons (not necessarily "Apple" homegrown kids) because the "years with the club" figure will provide a salary discount (I believe so)

new players, coupled with a middling win record, and a bad cup, will lead to financial disaster.
Been there, done that :(

Updated Saturday, January 25 2020 @ 3:44:08 am PST
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Stand down & lower the alert! I'm pretty sure the Moo Cows were wrong about this and panicked. We're big. We can take it. I'm glad I'm wrong. I should've done a more thorough budget.

I forget how much money every individual game is worth! In 2042, League II, we had 5 extra knockout round games and 5 extra playoff games, as compared to what we had in 2043. Because that revenue is split with the other team, that's around $3.0M in extra Ticket Revenue in 2042 as compared to 2043! Let's check 2042 again, minus the "extra" revenue:

INCOME: $79.1M
$17.5M TV
$4.5M Radio
$1.0M Merchandise
$56.1M Tickets

EXPENSES: $23.9M
$4.3M Coaching
$4.4M Ballpark
$1.7M Miscellaneous
$13.5M Franchise Fees

Solve it again, and the budget for League II in 2042 would be $55.2M. The budget I calculated for Legends, where I didn't have this "extra" income, was $55.9M. The Legends budget looks at least a little bit bigger than the League II budget.

I was wrong. I think the Halflings popped it over the fence. Every extra game is worth a substantial chunk of profit.

I'd still like to see someone do this for III and/or IV, just to see how much the jump is at every level. I had those numbers at one time, but they're gone.

Magicians: Mooer, I always assumed Steve had it that way to make it difficult to stay in Legends.

It's frickin' hard enough! Athletic Thunder Hamsters everywhere I look.

Can I ask what your total ticket revenue was in 2043? You wouldn't have to say but I'm curious.

Halflings: I think you actually get the best deal down in VI where there are no franchise fees.

Good question. I think I remember it wasn't as good of a deal because the ticket revenue was significantly lower, but it's been a while. I vaguely remember overflowing my budget the first year because I wasn't paying attention. A League VI owner reading this could enlighten us on their budget numbers?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone can find ticket revenue with some work, so I don't see any reason not to say. $50M while winning only 33 games. That means I gained $8M in tickets with an extra 47 wins ('41 80 wins, $58M). That's not much in my book.

You didn't ask, but my salaries for '41 (I don't keep records, so that's as far back as I can go) totaled $65M. Last season was $39M.

Updated Saturday, January 25 2020 @ 10:36:57 pm PST
Gunnar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to Rock777 finding this thread again I can give some information for the lower leagues.

Just wanted to see if the information I could provided would help future owners to understand cost a little more. I received this team this year at VI but there made it to V in 2042. Here are the numbers for the last 3 seasons.

2041 VI
INCOME: $46.0M
$7.5M TV
$2.5M Radio
$1.16M Merchandise
$34.85M Tickets

EXPENSES: $9.14M
$1.25M Coaching
$2.66M Ballpark
$0.51M Miscellaneous
$0.0M Franchise Fees
$4.72M Taxes

2042 V
INCOME: $49.25M
$10.0M TV
$3.0M Radio
$1.13M Merchandise
$35.12M Tickets

EXPENSES: $11.85M
$2.0M Coaching
$3.5M Ballpark
$0.75M Miscellaneous
$0.0M Franchise Fees
$5.60M Taxes

2043 VI
INCOME: $46.0M
$7.5M TV
$2.5M Radio
$1.19M Merchandise
$31.92M Tickets

EXPENSES: $10.77M
$1.25M Coaching
$3.50M Ballpark
$0.46M Miscellaneous
$0.0M Franchise Fees
$5.56M Taxes

Now I am not sure if this is typical or not but it is what I have.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ hurstdm

the game financials caused your confusion

thus a couple of suggested improvements to financials provided :

1 - breakdown ticket income into Recurring Dates (League, Cup round robin & Spring) and Extra Dates (Cup knockout & Playoffs)

2 - income statement in comparative format for years presented

Previous Page | Show All |