Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Lost my new manager - why?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This was originally in the Help forum but it was suggested I repost here...

I was just going through the new manager pool and signed one. It showed that he was mine, and I continued to look at other new managers. When I was done, I went back in to look at the new one I selected, and my manager was now a retired guy. The new manager I signed was now on a different team. It shows in the manager's history that I had him but he was now gone. I've resigned my old one but I would like the one I had hired. What happened?

When I rehired my old manager, it also cost me an additional $.5M in salary. This is what my team page shows:

• Jan 15 2044: Norm Wiley was hired as the new manager.

Notice: Undefined variable: player_name in /home/broken22/public_html/brokenbat.org/classes/NotesObj.inc.php on line 226
• Jan 15 2044: was fired as manager.
• Jan 15 2044: Adrián Olvera was selected to the national team of Costa Rica.
• Jan 15 2044: Martín Villarreal was hired as the new manager.
• Jan 15 2044: Norm Wiley was fired as manager.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This has happened before. I suspect its a race condition thing. Two teams open up the manager page. One team hits the hire button and hires the manager. Then the second team hits the hire button afterwards. The manager goes to the second team, abandoning his first team. Probably a missing check on the backend.

Really this (and all the other manager race condition issues) could be most easily solved by having managers go through waivers.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Stuff like this plus when I went looking for managers, every one I typed in said "Not Available" makes me give up on a new manager search very quickly.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you were incrementing the id number in the URL and getting "Not available," that's normal now, since 2040. Used to be you could just increment the number in the URL and go down the list for drafted players and new managers. Now new players and managers appear to be created each season, but not all of them become active the season they are created.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see. Thanks for the head's up.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I will look into this. How did you find this manager -- just the more way with New Managers search?

Thanks,

Steve
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I just cycle through the ID numbers one by one in the URL
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Any new info on this Steve?