Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Double billed   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That’s a fair point. I know I messaged Steve because I saw a questionable sharp dollar loss in my last update, but really we’ve swallowed worse bugs than this. I wouldn’t cry in my Cheerios if nothing was done to address the lost $ (tho I would appreciate a fix to make sure it doesn’t continue to happen)

Thx Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Freddy, losing $8 million might not be a big deal for you, but I'm sure it would be for some. I know it would be for me. Getting hit with an unforeseen major loss like that is substantial. That's more than 20% of my cash immediately stolen away. I imagine it's even worse than that for many.

I think simply skipping an economic period makes the most sense, assuming that is a relatively easy task.

Updated Wednesday, May 8 2019 @ 8:48:58 am PDT
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha I doubt many lost 8m like you.
Again, I have no problem if some "uber high payroll" teams get punished. I'm still on the side of easiest solution for the developer of the free game.
If that ruins your franchise so be it!
:-)
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Again, you're overlooking the teams that will be impacted the most--lower teams with less money. I would think most are losing at least $5 million. A team struggling on the lower half of the ladder could nearly be wiped out. There's a big difference between not managing your money and the bank losing your uninsured funds.

Updated Wednesday, May 8 2019 @ 2:39:48 pm PDT
Longviewess

Frederick Keys
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Certainly something should be done for those affected by this bug.

However, I don't think every team was impacted by this. I know that it didn't affect my team down here in Div VI for example.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Friday, May 10 2019 @ 5:15:06 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That whole thing is pretty funny. You started by twisting what I said and the facts. That apparently wasn't enough because you then started making things up. And just kept on going.

Thankfully, Steve will resolve it however he wishes. He is always reasonable and does his best. I appreciate that.

Updated Thursday, May 9 2019 @ 12:40:45 am PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For me, the bug takes less than 10% out of my reserves, and almost all of my high-paid veterans will be off the books by the end of this season, so it really doesn't matter to me, as long as it happens only once.
But seriously, imagine someone who recently took over a struggling team, is still learning the game and finds himself bankrupt because of a server bug. How much fun would that be, and how many of you would feel like continuing to play after that?
So by all means, yes, keep it simple, maybe give a 5 million premium on tv revenues to all teams or so, but doing nothing is simply no an option.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Magnificent work, Steve. Thanks for the correction.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. Was a nice solution. Thanks.

There is still a discrepancy between the balance and the position of the line on the Balance vs. Time graph (at least for me).

Not sure if this will correct itself with the season flip, or if this is something that could be fixed fairly easily.

Previous Page | Show All |