Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> exceeding set pitch counts   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
V.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I experienced this problem a few times last year and am seeing it again. My starting pitcher with a set pitch count of 45 just pitched a complete game, lost 5-3 and threw 154 pitches. This is for Walnut Creek Aces, I have bookmarked the game if you can view it and give me any ideas. Game #2704925 Thanks for your help.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple things: 1) it may have to do with setting it to 45 pitches, because 75 is the lowest the game will yank a starting pitcher at due to pitches alone; 2) I see a ton of fatigued guys for you, did you have anyone rested?
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
V.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Since i have had another game now, I can't tell you exactly the status of the bullpen, but generally they weren't completely tired. I do know that when it happened last season and I had checked, on at least one occasion I had three completely rested pitchers. I did see the minimum was 70 for starters after i had set it to 45, but figured it wouldn't matter if my setting was less than 70, it wouldn't make them go longer. I'll go back and add more pitchers and set them all for first inning to be the 1st along with low pitch counts and see what happens.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. The 45 pitch count doesn't matter. Gets bumped to 75.

Game report shows fatigue. All of you LR and MR were fatigued for that game (Humphreys, Gallindo, Jefferson, Lee were all moderate or heavy).

The guys you currently have assigned as setup should have been available. But a couple of those haven't pitched yet this spring. Either some roles have been rejigged or your entry conditions are too stringent.

I'd encourage you to double check your bullpen settings. Give all your relievers ++ for fatigue, and check entry innings.

PS - on 6 man rotation it looks to use your spot starter for #6. Without a spot starter it is going to try to use a LR. Could cause problems if your LRs pitch in relief and are judged too tired to start.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ariel Arcia has a 75 pitch limit as as starter. In this Cup game Ithaca 3 - Burlington 10 he throws 127 pitches, far exceeding the pitch count. Exceeding a pitch count by that much increases the risk of injury in this game. It should not happen even with a big lead.

Updated Friday, March 23 2018 @ 2:33:51 pm PDT

Updated Friday, March 23 2018 @ 2:34:23 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd check your settings immediately. You had plenty of relievers that could have come in. You must have something set-up differently than intended.

Edit--I see the problem. You don't have any MR or LR available. You only have set-up guys and a closer. None of those will come in with a large run differential.

Updated Friday, March 23 2018 @ 3:08:05 pm PDT
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's right. I missed those 2 injuries.Thanks

Previous Page | Show All |