Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Starting Rotation error   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I see what you're talking about. I see you're pitcher setup change between the two games, 14b and 15. Did you 'reset to default' between the two games?

Steve
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did not reset to default at that time. But I do recall experimenting briefly with different looks for a few minutes in the rotation. I think I tried out different looks on the night of the 14th. Some 5-man rotation looks and some 6-man rotation looks. I did click “update” a few times but then I put it back to where it was before and clicked update again.

Could moving back and forth between 5-man and 6-man rotations for a few minutes on the night of the 14th, reset the rotation to the first starter? I did do that.

I did not think anything of it since I think I eventually set it back to the same rotation it was before.

If so, I will keep that in mind next time. :-) Thanks.

Updated Monday, April 3 2017 @ 6:26:02 pm PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I did not reset to defaults. I did not change from 5 to 6 man abruptly.

EDIT: My team is now in a five-man rotation, but that's because I want my sixth man ready to go from the bullpen and because the five guys I have are my best bet(s) to get to the ASG. Nothing to do with this glitch I have seen. I plan to move back after the ASB.

Updated Monday, April 3 2017 @ 9:57:45 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
wil_m - if you are running a six-man rotation (and the next starter is 5th or 6th pitcher in the rotation) and you switch to a four-man rotation, the next starter gets reset as it can't keep the 5th or 6th pitcher (as they are no longer in the rotation).

Then, if you bounce back to six-man rotation, it wouldn't have that old information still to restore the next starter to the 5th or 6th pitcher.

Steve
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

That is what happened then. I must have clicked on 4 man rotation and hit update at least once during my experimenting with the starting rotation after the games on June 14, 2031. Makes sense since I was looking at a few different looks before I reset it to what it was before. I could have even selected 4-man rotation by accident.

I will keep that in mind in the future. This could be helpful for those times when you would want to jump to your 1st stater after the 4th starter pitches.

Thank you for your time in looking into this and explaining to me what happened :-)
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
This continues to happen to me - I moved Ueda to the 5-spot so he could get the start, but instead it played Nelson and then Park and I feel like had I played a more rested pitcher, I wouldn't have lost 11-0. Leaving the rotation as is for proof - is reflected in my box scores as well

Updated Thursday, April 13 2017 @ 6:16:06 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which game?

Steve
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
First game - Peck - my intended guy (my #4 pitcher)
Second game - Nelson; Ueda was my intended starter (#5)
Third game - Park; Silva was my intended starter (#6)

I may move my rotation back around before today's games, but currently it is Nelson, Park, Lemus, Peck, Ueda, Silva, which is how I had it prior to Thursday's games

Updated Saturday, April 15 2017 @ 8:54:39 am PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve - might be an error in the coding for the 6man rotation - i just swapped my SS and SP1 (was due to start with SP5, and its caused it to go straight to SP1. No biggy, though would've forced my to start an inured pitcher in this case. This has been between games so no real link sorry.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I can check the logic. When the rotation size is changed, the rotation resets to the top. Must review if it happens in other cases.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |