Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Injury +0   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Nothing has happened with the game engine and pitcher energy/fatigue. What has changed is the presentation of the energy/fatigue on the pitching page and which date is being used to calculate it. We’re no longer using the current date (which may be trailing by a day if you’re team has already played)…but we’re using a forward day (that of the current or next simulation day). So rather than giving you the “current” energy/fatigue level, it’s giving you the level for your next game (assuming you’re scheduled to play on the next simulation day).

So the moment after your game simulation completes…you’ll see what the true energy/fatigue as it really is. However, as soon as the simulation day completes, then the next game day (aka forward date) will update and energy/fatigue will be calculated according to that.

BTW, if you’re pitchers are pitching 170-200 pitchers in a game….that’s pretty excessive and you probably need to see how you can get move overall arms and them in from the bullpen faster.

Steve

JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like now, or maybe i don't understand.

For example, my starting pitchers showed full energy before the game each one would start, but “Pitcher Fatigue” on the simulation game page displayed “light fatigue” for the starting pitcher. http://brokenbat.org/game/1842510
What does it mean?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought the game date / fatigue / injury update took place after the days matches.

If the pitcher page doesn't show current fatigue, but where they will be for the next game, does that mean the update now occurs b/f the days matches?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It occurs after all the games for that game day, not after a teams individual game.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It occurs after all the games for that game day, not after a teams individual game.

Aye. That's what I meant. Phrased it poorly.

We’re no longer using the current date (which may be trailing by a day if you’re team has already played)…but we’re using a forward day (that of the current or next simulation day).

Doesn't this work out to an extra day's rest? The game date is May 17 as I write this. My starter who pitched on May 17 threw 101 pitches is 5/10 fatigue. Isn't he is going to be ready to pitch again earlier than b/f this adjustment?

Apologies for my difficulty understanding. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I see. Because before it was showing us the fatigue (and injuries) from the day before the game. I think this new way of presenting the information is MUCH better. Its just a bit of a learning curve for everyone who is used to the old way. I think it will make more sense to new players and the rest of us will come to appreciate it once we get used to it.

Seca, previously if you saw a guy who was pitching first day had 9/10 bars filled, you could assume he would fill up that last 1/10 before he pitched. Now its showing where he will be that day, so if he shows 9/10, that is what he will pitch at. So you need to make sure your starter is showing 10/10. This seems more straightforward in my opinion.

EDIT: Although I do agree it feels very easy to use a 4 man rotation now. Maybe we were all just confused about how fatigue was working before?

Updated Tuesday, September 22 2015 @ 9:35:29 pm PDT
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am confused, because now if a SP pitches whit 3 resting days, on the pitching page display he has full energy, but on the simulation game page at “Pitcher Fatigue” says light fatigue.
Realise
Look, Portillo pitched with 3 days resting (display full energy on pitching page), but here says Portillo – Light (Pitcher Fatigue) http://brokenbat.org/game/1842510
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Still working on this.

With the new representation, pitcher fatigue bars don't show where they are at going into the next game. They show what the pitcher will have after the next game if they don't pitch.

Is that right? Or am I still messed up?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought it was going into the next day / game. But JuanCarlos's observation confuses me.

Updated Friday, September 25 2015 @ 8:10:20 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Did this get reverted?

I've been keeping track of fatigue by hand since this change went in. I wasn't around yesterday (Canadian Thanksgiving). But today my nos creen matches my handscribed.

Previous Page | Show All |