Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Playoff spoiler   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was really looking forward to following my last two playoff games in the excellent pitch-by-pitch mode. However, seeing that the last game had been cancelled (although at that time it wouldn't even have been due to be simulated) pretty much gave away the result of the previous one, and there's really no way of getting to the pitch-by-pitch without seeing what's ahead in the schedule.
It's probably a bit of a challenge programming-wise, but it would really make it more interesting if the following schedule updated only after a game result has been revealed.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, this issue has already been addressed a few times in the past. It's the same with the cup series.

The way I see it, the problem here is you have to enter the schedule to be able to play the matches.

One possible solution for this, one that doesn't seem too hard to implement in my opinion, is to create a new option in the menu called "Play Match" that would immediately play the first unwatched match.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry about the spoiler.

One possible solution for this, one that doesn't seem too hard to implement in my opinion, is to create a new option in the menu called "Play Match" that would immediately play the first unwatched match.

Hmmm....this might be a good solution.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As the playoffs are back, I'd just like to push this back up. ;-)
One thought, considering changing the menu may be a bit more work than this is worth: As the team page, league, cup and schedule all contain information that may betray game outcomes, couldn't this link to the first unopened game be on the first page after logging in? It would be a bit counterintuitive, as that is the news page, but everybody would have to see it there, and it would solve the problem.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I sorry...I keep meaning to implement this and other things come up. I've elevated it to #3 on the "to do" list and we should definitely have it but the start of the cup next season.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1jump.gif
Thanks, works great!

Previous Page | Show All |