Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Minor league   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i like the depth of managing a minor team as well as being able to see your minor players in action and see their stats as they improve
Kabloomey

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What I meant was Highlanders response. I think that if you increase the minor limit by just 5, then people would be able to build a good team, with 25 that leaves for 10 pitchers and 7 infielders and 6 outfielders and two catchers. which could have a pretty good team, and when people draft new players every week, the computer can tell them whether they need and infielder, outfielder or pitcher more. And if the league is only teams with at least 9 pitchers, 5 outfielders and 6 infielders everyone would have a team. I don't know about other people but I draft a new minor player every chance i get, cause they are my teams future and are cheap at the moment. Not enough minors shouldn't be a massive problem.

Updated Monday, December 9 2013 @ 6:23:20 am PST

Updated Monday, December 9 2013 @ 6:26:14 am PST
Itsouttahere

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why do we need so many pitchers? 4 starters, or three reliefs and one closer should be enough.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
major league staffs consist of anywhere from 10-15 pitchers. i think it would take some adjustment to pitcher fatigue in order to adjust how many pitchers were used in rotation
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm curious if people really want minor league action or if they just want it for the sake of fast forwarding training.

Hmmm...interesting point.

Steve
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i want it for both, id like the ability to fast forward some training, i still have my issues with the speed a pitcher trains, but just having the stats to check out adds user time online to the game, which benefits steve by pageviews if nothing else.

i say we expand the minors like this,

you pay for a level of minors, lvls 0-5 with 0 being the default, doesnt cost more than the player salaries and gives you the least amount of training for your minor league players,
it could also be the default roster limit for minor leaguers

and you can purchase the different levels, with level 5 giving the most back as far as training goes, and you gain like 5 minor league roster slots per level, or something to that effect

then each user fields one minor league team, and that minor league team plays a short season, maybe...46 games against every other teams minor league system, if a team doesnt have enough rostered players to play a given minor league game they forefeit. and take a 5-0 loss, and put all the minor league teams into the same league, so it every users minor league vs everyone elses,
maybe a 6 team playoff, round robin style.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
my 2 cents

i say one minor league team per manager...everyone who's not in your major team roster can play for the minor team except anyone placed at the rookie level (they train like they do now)...

some A level players and AA players might not be that great playing in the minor level...but it's about development...not standings...so if you have a bunch of young players who aren't that good...and therefore your teams lose a lot more than you win...it's not a big deal...as long as these young players are playing and getting experience...

with a minor team instead of now...you'll be able to see stats and for those that are dominating at the minor level...you have to assume are ready for the jump to the bigs...and can make that change...

having a minor team allows you to groom players to positions too...a manager might see a player he'd want to play at a certain position but doesn't want to play him at that position on his team because he'll take an out of position hit and might be the difference between making play offs or not...where if you can send him down to the minors...play him in the position you want him to become good at...he gains positional experience and you don't have to worry about him costing your team wins...(because as stated earlier...minors isn't about winning...just about training...)you have a young OF that you want to be a 2B...just keep him in the minors for 2 years (or however long it takes) at the 2B position...and then he's ready to come up and play 2B without the out of position hit...

change the roster assignment levels to just Rookie, Minors, and Majors...and let the managers figure out who is best suited for which level based on their play and ratings...(rookie level is restricted to players under 20 and for players that a manager doesn't think are good enough to start for the minor team but if you have a 17, 18 or 19 year old player that you think is minor starter material...he is able to come up)...

if your minor team is short on players then assign random free agents to the open positions for that game...we shouldn't FORCE people to sign players and take on contracts they don't want to...and no one should be punished for only having the players they want to have...

i don't care if a playable minors system "accelerates" training...i see nothing wrong with the current training rate...but...here is a proposal at training rate with my system...this i think would be a large overhaul though and therefore understand if it wasn't implemented...

every player gets experience for play time...so starters are going to get more xp than backups...anyone playing at rookie level gets consistant xp...but at 0.5 ratio of normal...minor players get xp at a 1 ratio of normal and major players gain xp a 2 ratio of normal...we would need an algorithm to adapt age into how much someone would gain for the amount of playing time he would receive...younger players gain more...older gain less...prime players gain a middle ground...but...the point is...(now for the example i'll use arbitrary numbers) an 19 year old at the rookie level would gain 1 xp per at bat/batter pitched against, minor players would gain 2 xp per at bat/batter pitched against, and major players would gain 4 xp per at bat/batter pitched against...the trick is...you have to find balance...so a starter in the minors would probably gain more xp than a backup in the majors...and a rookie (every player set at the rookie level gets starter amount of xp)gets more than a minors backup...and so creates the managerial conundrum of "do i play a guy in the majors to have a chance at gaining the most xp he can get? or do i play him in the minors to make sure he's getting starter playing time?"

i think it would be good to add an option to say how much you'd like the starter to play vs the backup...so that if you have to players developing in the minors...you can control how much game time they'd get...simply have a drop down menu beside the position and allow you to puck somewhere between 100% to 50% (starter plays as much as he can at 100 and he splits time evenly with back up at 50)...

now for this to take place all levels would have to play the same amount of games to provide players the ability to gain the same amount of play time xp at each level...as stated...players at the rookie level don't play any games...but get consistent training as if each player playing at the rookie level is starting each game...
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I’m with Steve on this. I’m not sure everyone wants to put extra effort/energy into managing minor league games.

I can see that there are people interested in it, though. There are even people with more than one team/account, so it’s clear to me there are people who would like to invest more time in this game.

I’m not against minor league games, but, if they come to life, they should be optional, and no training advantage should be given to people with minor league teams over those without them.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
how about the option to set desired position(s) for your minors and after 3 seasons they have learned it 100% or after 5 seasons they have learned 2 (combined) positions you had selected.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I’d like the suggestion about setting a position and allowing them to grow in positional experience over time in the minors.

As for minor league games…there are a lot of additional considerations like server loading and database grow. I think we’re more likely to have simulated minor league statistics than actual games, but that would take some work.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |