Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Birthday and where player is from   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think those would be interesting features.

In terms of birth dates, that has been suggested before and is doable. But it complicates the game implementation a lot without a lot of real improvements to the game play. Not that we wouldn’t implement that eventually, but I just think there are things that would offer more payoff for the effort.

In terms of cities of origin or high schools/colleges players originated from – I would really like to add that. However, I haven’t found any web services that will generate a random city from a country, so I would have to compile huge lists of cities/high schools/colleges for each country (still doable), but just a lot of work.

Steve
curtisp5286

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At least for US cities, couldn't you just use your list of cities that are selectable as team locations?
Legends

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see you put where the players were born from the recent draft.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, new players will have birthplaces and college draftees with have a college or university they came from. I tried to use reasonable demographic information...but I did find a bug while testing whereby half the American players were coming from Worcester, MA.

Steve
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had drafted a pitcher from Worcester,MA.
StuffedTV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What does it mean when a player has a college and high school name next to each other?
For example:http://brokenbat.org/player/78972
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
College: California State University, Northridge

This is just a college. No high school are listed.

Steve
bigmanchris

Gastonia Cowboys
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve are you going to do this for all players or just new players
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At the moment, only new players. We may add birthplaces for existing players in the future. It will be difficult to retro-actively add colleges to those type of draftees, just because of the way the data is stored.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...I think I solved a few of the issues and now all players have a birthplace and many have colleges listed.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |