Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Scouting info expanded   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The current scouting system is pretty good IMHO but something I desired is seemingly not there. There is a good indication when a pitcher's control will suck, but I've not seen anything for good or above control. My last game I walked 12 batters due to a staff-wide issue with control. It's lead me to look for high-control pitchers but atm I'm only able to effectively avoid poor control (if the report is even accurate). Some sort of indication that this guy knows how to work the corners would be great.

In the same breath, I'm not aware of how change of speed is reported, if it is. Does 'he can be a strikeout pitcher' combine velocity and CoS? Or is CoS not implemented? Not as crucial, but if you end up implementing control in the report, maybe CoS is important for someone else.

Thanks.

-Dan
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the scout report is not that expanded on purpose, to maintain a certain degree of uncertainty regarding what the player will be like when he is fully developed.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can see that, yes.

I can also see stamina currently being covered in depth, multiple levels of 'good velocity', 'good movement' and a level of 'bad control'. Things can still remain vague, such as with a single level of 'good control'. Also things are still a crapshoot with the 20% variance regardless, so hopefully this wouldn't be game-breaking.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think the scout report is not that expanded on purpose, to maintain a certain degree of uncertainty regarding what the player will be like when he is fully developed.

Yes, a certain amount of uncertainty was intended with the scouting report. Some skills are reported with greater precision that others. I’ve tried to make this realistic in that skills that are easier to measure or develop earlier in a player’s career are reported with greater exactness than skills that are harder to quantify or take time to develop.

For example, pitchers velocity tends to develop earlier than other skills. Additionally, it’s fairly straight forward to measure with a radar gun. Thus, the scouting report is more detailed in reporting velocity hints than other skills.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |