Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Trading   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be fun to have trading. I suggest to have a trading deadline based on the MLB. So teams in contention can trade for good current players and teams out of contention can trade away older players for top young prospects. Let me know what you think of the idea
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
this idea isnt new. and it isnt bad aswell. but admin was against it as it would intruduce massive cheating into this game and we all dont want this.
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure if this has been suggested before, but what about adding a function that allows the other teams in the league to vote as to whether or not a trade is fair?

I can see some potential issues with it such as inactive managers not voting and there's still the potential for abuse.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The policing of trading is almost impossible. I have looked into it several times, but nobody has really provided me with a successful example in a game with so many users and players.

Steve
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
steve, check out hockey-dynasty.com
its a new game, he has trading in it and its actually a pretty solid system.
im there as brooklyn hydro!
it could be a possibility, it would require a bit more tracking of users as to prevent multiple accounts and such but i disagree with the fact it is untangeable
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I will check it out.

it could be a possibility, it would require a bit more tracking of users as to prevent multiple accounts and such but i disagree with the fact it is untangeable

Yes, to really do a good job of this requires quite of bit of additional monitoring.

And then you have the issue of one user fleecing the other user or a user dumping his players when he quits. Do you just allow this? Do you have to approve each trade? What is a fair trade et cetera...

Steve
sross78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
maybe you could create a system which is based on player salary (i.e. value) in which there is a max # of players in a trade (for example 3 from each team) and the total salaries must be within 10% of each other or the trade is automatically denied.

so if someone offered me two young guys with salaries of .5M each and one vet with a 2.0M salary (total 3M), he would have to request a package of players in return within a range of 2.7M-3.3M for it to be approved. and it would be great if counteroffers could be proposed.

also, the forum is a great place for anyone to lodge complaints about possible "fishy" deals for review and possible reversal.

i think this would greatly improve the ability of teams to control their own rebuilding process and avoid the dumb luck of signing free agents.

Updated Tuesday, September 10 2013 @ 1:26:57 pm PDT
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My thoughts are you should not base it entirely off salary as there wouldnt be much of a chance of trading a vet for youth which is what you would see alot of,
The big question for it is, does your players database update weekly, or are all the players top skills defined, and the drop in levels done in transit? Like I've read you saying that the si and skill levels are more of an estimate and you get closer to the real number as he trains correct?
This leads me to believe all players are in the database with there skill levels predefined, then the skill drop is done via the game ? And if That's the case then writing logic for the trade to check again would be fairly easy
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My thoughts are you should not base it entirely off salary as there wouldnt be much of a chance of trading a vet for youth which is what you would see alot of,
The big question for it is, does your players database update weekly, or are all the players top skills defined, and the drop in levels done in transit? Like I've read you saying that the si and skill levels are more of an estimate and you get closer to the real number as he trains correct?
This leads me to believe all players are in the database with there skill levels predefined, then the skill drop is done via the game ? And if That's the case then writing logic for the trade to check again would be fairly easy
thecrow98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
what if you make trading inter-league only, it is highly unlikely that someone will have two teams in the same league and it will make it easier to moniter.

Previous Page | Show All |