Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> AB Stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think I could store the last N at bats (really plate appearances) and rather than store all statistics, I would store the results in a string or something.

Not sure it would make sense to store the last N batters faced...

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
any update on this?
it would be really helpful to know players shortterm performance (last ~50AB) or their L/R OBP & SLG
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It’s pretty high up on the to do list, so I'm going to try to implement it next season when I get the waiver claim system humming. Other than bug fixes, the top of the list is like this:

1. Waiver claiming
2. Add SI to minors page
3. update all-star selections
4. Advanced fielding statistics
5. Last 25 or 50 at bats
6. Gold glove winners
7. All-league selections

Other things might come up too…

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I too would like to see the expanded players individual game performances both offense and defensive. Are we still a season or 2 away??
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
steve just a thought, but you could store the extended stats in a different table and just inner join them..might cut down on individual table size, wont effect overall db size tho
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I too would like to see the expanded players individual game performances both offense and defensive. Are we still a season or 2 away??

Like I said, I'm looking to implement the last 25/50 at bat or something a long those lines next season. I'm not entirely clear what you mean by "expanded players individual game performances".

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
steve just a thought, but you could store the extended stats in a different table and just inner join them..might cut down on individual table size, wont effect overall db size tho

Yes, I probably will use a seperate table to make the whole system more efficient. Obviously the over database size wouldn't be any smaller.

I kind of wondering what the best way to display the last N at bat data is though.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's what I was referring to as mentioned above, even though I would love to see game by game listing of player performance including defensive stats
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well do you store each game in the db?
for instance. when i click on a box score, im assuming you call for the boxscore information,
then add in the player stats from that game?
if that is the case, there must be some sort if index for the stats for that game. some clarification on the way you set your db up i can probabley figure a way to make it happen without alot of new tables and rows.
would it not be easier to add a datetime or even just a date field to the table and then when looking for the last last x amount of games all it would take would be a sort by query.

my example would be. game is played on game date x.
so lets go back to my last two game weeks.
October 9th - October 23rd.
so a user inputs these range of dates. and the query only returns data from dates that match up.
if its the 8th or the 24th it will be excluded.
i think we can very easily figure out a way to do it with minimal db changes. more on the sql/php side.
you already have all the stats needed. just need to tweak it:D
you should message me on google+ steve, [email protected]. we could deffinatly chat about a few things:D
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
That is the issue...the games are stored in a compressed manner than doesn't make determining a players performance over the last N game easy. That's why short terms statistics will probably be Last N At-Bats versus Last N Games.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |