Forum >> Suggestions >> Some changes...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm starting to think/work on these items:

1. Pinch hitter rank / Hitter rank
2. TPI like team rating
3. Remove final cup day (without any games) - dead Friday. We'll just have an extra RL day at the flip.

Steve

JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Love it. The extra real life day at the flip may be a bit painful but less so than the current random day off.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Dissenting view: I’d rather have that day off on Friday. It’s a good excuse to let anybody recover from injuries and rest up the pitching staff for that last push down the stretch.
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with AP about keeping the day off. I know I'll be in a minority but personally I wouldn't mind keeping Mondays and Fridays clear even at this time of the season. The end always seem to rush through to me.

With regard to pinch hitting, I would have 3 options for each starter:

1. Never pinch hit for this plater
2. Always pinch hit for this player in or after innings X
3. Pinch hit for this player in or after innings X if the handedness of the pitcher has changed.

This is pretty much what we have now but perhaps easier to understand for newcomers.

Then for each starting hitter I would have the option to set a first and second choice as the pinch hitter. The second choice would be used if the first was injured or had already been used to pitch hit for someone else.

We (human) managers could then decide whether we wanted to prioritise the best hitters regardless of position or whether to choose hitters who could play the same position as the player they're replacing.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I too would rather keep the empty Cup day as a rest day for pitchers than have yet another relatively empty day in the offseason. I've heard enough complaints over the years of the offseason/preseason being a little too long, particularly with the change moving Draft Round 1 back one week.

Updated Sunday, January 17 2021 @ 7:40:27 am PST
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I personally like the empty Cup days just fine, I only really have 2 consistent starters and 3 on-and-off guys, I always like it when everyone gets a rest so De Smet and Solis can get more starts.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hate the empty days but yet don't want the extra longer offseason
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The extra day at the flip does give Steve more time to deal with any emergencies (both real life and game related). Also, it might mean the flip is completed earlier, giving folks more lead time to fix up their team and put claims in on players.

The current Friday off, doesn't really provide any benefits.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There are two issues...

1. The Friday without any of games (real time day off).
2. The advancement of game dates without games.

I don't particularly like increasing the off-season by a day, but it would be helpful turning over the season and potentially folding in new features in the off-season.

I understand people like the game hiatus to reset their pitching -- but it doesn't really make any game sense.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |