Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pinch Hitting Rank   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Admin: No...I'm just saying that if you have the skills, without a ton of position experience -- you can still play that position without being a total liability. I think too many people think that lack of position experience is disqualifying.

Au contraire.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It depends on what position you don’t have experience at. It’s pretty obvious that people catcher and shortstop (maybe 2B or 3B as well) without experience are indeed liabilities, but when you’re playing 1B or RF for an inning, not as mich of a liability.

Just some thoughts from a VI team in the cellar for 2 straight seasons now.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I will go with whatever changes you making Steve!
"""BUT"""
Will miss Cup Friday with no games played because I like 3days rest for all pitchers.
Also considered if ranked pitch hitting is made can it be 1-7 benched 1st to come in then 2nd come in down through all benched?
"OR" a pinch hit replaced for defense option were my Lefty hitter comes in then is replaced for defense option were my righty plays in next innings.
?IF? We get extra day off seasons will we get early waivers by 1day also???
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
@hurstdm - I'm trying to craft some simple controls -- I understand peoples reservations about the defensive replacement. So what should the decision path be like if you have a pinch hitter situation for one of these "critical" positions?

Steve
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Since SS,3B,2B,& C favor rights
Put a replaced "Check" box like the 2 we already have for pinch run for & replace for defense. Just make AI automatic replaced no matter what's situation if that box is checked.
Example would be any innings a pinch hitter comes into play if he has replaced box checked the next innings a Fielding change occurs provided someone is on bench who is qualified for that position, at least lower case "b,c,ss"
OR drop down list of exact player you want to come in behind 1-7 Examples
Pinch hitter 1 comes into play if he came into play for infielder & has no "b,c,ss" then whom was placed in dropped down list is available will automatic replaced next inning.
Example my 3B gets a hit in top of 8th replaced by pinch runner then whom was placed in dropped down list will automatic replaced next inning if available.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve - would it be possible to have a drop down list without it getting to complicated? I.e. you set what innings the defensive replacements come in, maybe the 8th.

Each position has a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice for these positions, so if someone better is on the bench they come in. For example, I'm playing my guy Kiser at 3B, but he's the 3rd rated option, and 1st option Pullen is on the bench, so at the 8th innings Pullen comes in defensively.

Maybe it needs to also consider whether Kiser is going to be up next, because if Kiser is up next then I'd rather he stayed in - not sure whether you have the mechanic in place to do that without complicating it too much.

Cheers
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It seems like there could be one control for Pinch Hit For & Pinch Hitting Rank. A player is either a player your want to replace with a pitch hitter or a is a player you would potentially use a pinch hitter -- but are they mutually exclusive?

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think they need to be mutually exclusive. If I have a guy in the lineup that I want to take out in the 7th inning for a RHP, he could still be on the RHP pinch hitter list. But maybe he gets replaced if there is a guy who higher up on the list currently on the bench.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Still thinking about this. Probably going to work on multiple game lineups first just because I think it's more actionable at present.

Still not sure what to implement for this yet.

Steve
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
A multiple line up list is good for owner which don't sign in every game or daily. Pinch hitting rank vs right/left 1-8 for benches is same thing kinda. Lineups on left menus list click it you see lefty lineup eighty lineup spring lineup all have update button. Addition after clicking update button have pinch hitting rank button for that lineup. Which simply list all bench not in active lineup 1-8 off whose coming in what ordered 1-8. That's it really just addition of button for pinch hitting rank in Lineups on the page after clicking update button for each lineup.

Previous Page | Show All |