Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Bot cuts and new owner release restrictions…   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Maurice Bélanger was cut from the Margate team on the most recent training update. This is, quite frankly, ridiculous. He was earning less than $1.5M with the loyalty discount, is only 26, and would be on any new owner’s release restrictions. The only conceivable reason I can see for him being cut is that he’s having a poor season right now, with a 5.00+ ERA.

Part of the whole purpose of bot management is to keep a team running until an actual owner can take over. Gutting a team by cutting a superstar in the making is, in the mildest possible terms I can dredge up from the depths of my vocabulary, counterproductive to this.

I propose that, barring a team having gone into bankruptcy, any player who would qualify for a new owner’s release restrictions similarly not be eligible for release by a bot manager.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
100% agree.

I also don't understand why a LLVI bot team cuts a guy like Holland, a 26-yo 14 POT future starter making league minimum. Okay his minors ERA wasn't great but his FIP was plenty good enough, and I'd be shocked if they had 13 better candidates on their majors pitching roster.

I can obviously understand any team that cuts a 30-yo or older player making too much money on a team going nowhere. But while cutting guys like Belanger and Holland makes things interesting for active players, it hurts the future of bot teams.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I saw those cuts too and shook my head. Not much more to add, but +1 towards getting some solution to these kinds of cuts.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe the kid was a clubhouse cancer?? lol

At least he goes to a team with an active owner.

But +1 to the OP suggestion
bobonsundays

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Previous Page | Show All |