Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Max number of transactions per season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ADC2001

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Released a 32 year old pitcher with a $1.80 M salary and a 5.40 ERA today, night before economic update because he's injured for the next 34 game days...just wanna be up front with the reasoning.. don't want it to be thought I'm playing a Friday payday mini-game Sad thing is he was my game winner tonight even with being injured???

Updated Thursday, July 16 2020 @ 5:54:30 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Forget the max number of transactions thing. Institute a simple cost for acquiring a player and that solves multiple issues.

Player acquired cost = salary ÷ 10 x (days left this period ÷ 7)

In other words, you pay for the player for the rest of the week no matter what. If you sign him, you pay him for the rest of the week.

Edit--Simpler might even be better. It could just be we have to pay a guy something like one-third of a week's salary when signed. Some people might cry foul for late week signings, but if you want him you should want him and be willing to pay the pittance even if you don't get much from him for the week. I suggest one-third of a week instead of one-half for a couple reasons, but primarily because that's the average time you'd get to play a guy for the week. The most you'd ever get is six days of play due to the timing of events, and if you sign Friday morning waivers you wouldn't get any days of play for the one-time fee.

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 6:27:38 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would keep it simple. Either the 1/3 signing bonus method, or possibly a 1 week severance package when you release guys.

Although again, I don't think either of these solutions address the issue of someone signing up for a bunch of teams and dismantling them.

The salary solution only impedes excessive rentals during the season.

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 9:24:16 am PDT
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Time for Steve to strengthen the wording:

Team Ownership
It is recommended that you only have one team so that there are no conflicts of interest between teams and so there are enough teams available for other players.

To

Team Ownership
It is PROHIBITED to have more than one team so that there are no conflicts of interest between teams and so there are enough teams available for other players], and so that no gaming of the system, nor unfair advantage gained.

Which I believe most agree and adhere too.

Bottom line: It's not in the 'spirit' of the game

Jim

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 10:02:41 am PDT

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 10:03:14 am PDT
KrusherKev

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely no problem, but for anyone who has done the right thing and contacted admin and requested and was approved for more than one team, those extra teams should only be taken away if/when the league runs out of BOT controlled teams, currently at somewhere around 185 or so.

Some people on here seem to think players can be swapped from one team to another without effort or risk which is not the case...for those that do not know, any player released from a team goes onto waivers for which any of the 756 teams can put a claim in for (although I get the impression that BOT teams do not do waiver claims so perhaps only the 570 ish human-controlled teams can do waiver claims....perhaps someone more experienced in the game knows for sure)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve actually approved you to take all of those teams and dismantle them? I'm doubtful. Why would you need more than one Canadian themed team?

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 3:25:40 pm PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Just like to tack on today that I noticed last night that I was the recipient of one of KrusherKev's cast-offs during his "Reign of Terror" in Lafayette in 2045.

http://brokenbat.org/player/250089

I found it funny that during the circular and very theoretical debate about the "larger impact of that type of behavior", I was holding one of his gems the whole time.

Edit: I wonder if the "Kings" didn't like my reign of terror reference?!? And Canada was settled by the French too! Woof.

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 4:29:26 pm PDT

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 4:30:44 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At the very least there should be a rule that prevents people from claiming players they released from their other teams. If Steve is fine with people registering 10 teams, at the least he can put some code in place to prevent horse trading between those teams.

Its somewhat ironic that I brought up Bingham as a promising player in the other thread. Bingham was one of a number of players that Taylor received from Kingsport, Brandon, and other teams all owned by the same player.

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 4:42:41 pm PDT
MVP2005GM

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
" and other teams all owned by the same player. " Name the "other teams" or retract your misleading statement

Updated Friday, July 17 2020 @ 7:13:51 pm PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/184546

Alas, I spoke too soon. In a sick twist of fate, Kingsport stormed the Falcons stronghold and robbed me of one of my prized possessions as well!

Previous Page | Show All |