Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Salary Cap   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pauillac

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm tired of reading all the time about the so called "wheelers and dealers". So, to shut this terminology down, I'd like to talk about a Salary Cap.

Of course wouldn't the "problem" with the free agent system disappear but it would be a strong preventing tool. To be clear, I don't see any mistakes in the current free agent system but some others do, obviously. Through the salary cap the big buyers or "wheelers and dealers" would be prevented of buying the whole market.

At the other hand this would focus the game on the management, the tactical part of the game.
I mean, when everyone in the league has approximately to pay the same amount of salary, the game would be more balanced. I'd propose a comparatively high cap that is lower for lower leagues.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the economy is supposed to balance the rosters...you should be prevented from buying all the free agents because hopefully if you overspend...you lose money...you lose money...you go broke and can't get the top free agents anymore...

the economy is still young...so i'm not declaring this a failure yet...a few more seasons may shine a brighter light on the efficiency and effectiveness of the economy on it's own accord...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Some of the clubs people were complaining about a season or two ago are no longer the "talk of the forums" because the informal salary cap (via the team economy) evened things out.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |