Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Improve release restriction algorithm   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be good to improve the release restriction algorithm for new players. A lot of new players get unhappy because they can't release guys who are clearly garbage. While players like Vicente Barbosa aren't restricted...? Barbosa is truly a franchise player. A release restriction algorithm that allows for his release is definitely not working properly.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed.

Simple is almost always best. Maybe something like a test based on age that freeze:
Players younger than 32 with 100+ SI;
Players younger than 25 with 13+ potential.

25 to 28 is a little trickier. Perhaps something like 70+ SI and 13+ potential.

Those are rough in-the-ballpark guidelines.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
-1 this is working. The owner had no restrictions. Addition of more restrictions would cause these problems.
1 older owner would complain because his 119SI player who cost 6M can't be released.
2 I just dropped a good 28yo because I have rookie to call up with restricted number player of 17 I can have in majors he would clogging my minor league with 28yo.
3 this change would make waivers searching for 110SI impossible because all are restricted.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It is not working. Did you look at the player linked?

Release restrictions only last for 30 days for new owners. They do not impact any of the things you listed. They are already in place and prevent new owners from dropping expensive players. I am suggesting we improve the release restrictions so that you CAN actually drop an expensive garbage player. And to prevent newbs/cheaters from cutting franchise players like the one linked above.

Updated Wednesday, April 15 2020 @ 4:14:30 pm PDT
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I was thinking of something along these lines, as a new player being locked into a guy for another couple weeks that may hinder me from getting a waiver claim or a FA pickup.

So what if the release restriction was adjusted and players that were FA/Waiver pick ups are allowed to be dropped within the first 30 days of team ownership.

For example, I picked up this guy when I first started, as team depth and ST depth, but now I have no need for him.

http://brokenbat.org/player/222786

However, for whatever reason, his POT or SI or combination don’t allow me to release him.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't have any issue with that idea. I think a lot of folks just joining the game don't realize how quickly 30 days passes. Its a drop in the bucket and really most decision made in your first 30 days are rather poor, so the release restrictions help more than they hinder. Being able to drop a super star like the above linked, is far more damaging to a team than not being able to drop a dud. You will constantly find new improvements over duds. Superstars like the guy in the OP are much more rare.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh absolutely.. I was one of the 8,429 owners that put a claim in on him.. that dude was absurd..

is it purely random chance waiver claims are processed or is there weight to league or ranking or whatever?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, purely random. Which is really the fairest way, even though some teams seem to have ridiculous luck with claims.

Previous Page | Show All |