Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Minimum *displayed* prospect POT   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Magicians: One of the worst aspects of BB has been the acceleration of noise. Skill and thoughtfulness is being replaced with luck. I'm not a fan of rampant fuzziness, which the game continues to be afflicted by.

+1. The new POT fuzziness is distasteful.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the fuzziness. It makes the game both more realistic, and skill driven. Its even more important for people to do a skillful evaluation of players.
StretchDynamo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One issue I would foresee, especially if the POT floor was raised to 12, would be free agency for young guys becoming an even more hugely monotonous task of sifting through pure trash disguised as potential treasure.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a good point.

Possibly the heightened (floor) fuzziness only happens before the draft? So for instance:

You draft a POT 12 that is really a POT 11, he continues to show POT 11 as usual.

You draft a POT 12 that is really a POT 9, he shows POT 11/10 after the draft.

I suppose this would tip the hat with guys who drop quickly, so maybe not great, but the job is done once the bust is drafted.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 If you’re going to obfuscate low POT scores, why not do the same for high POT scores as well? Imagine how different the game would be if there were no visible POT scores anywhere at all, where all you had to go by was the scouting report: Do you draft/sign the “very good potential” who’s a good hitter and solid in the field, or the "above average potential" who’s a great hitter, decent slugger, and outstanding in the field?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That doesn't really make sense. The point is for busts to actually behave as busts. It doesn't make sense to have a POT 9 on your board, because no team would EVER put a POT 9 on their board. Now if they thought that POT 9 was a POT 12; that makes much more sense.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Since I haven’t ever seen a high POT player in my drafts yet I like this idea. It evens the playing field. :)
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
AP I absolutely love your humor. I hope more people appreciate your post as much as I did!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bumping per Ken_Kennilworth's question.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the OP's suggestion of not seeing pot 8's and 9's.

I also like pot fuzziness over static accurate potentials and don't understand at all why others do not, but in the end...

I'm with AP, drop potential altogether as a visible number. We have stats and scouting reports.

Seeing a rival manager draft a pot 15 just fuels the fire of those who like to perceive their own luck as bad.

I'm still all for a weighted board or a weighted first round or any idea that evens the field "luckwise" but I also do not feel at all that luck plays too much of a factor in this game or in the draft. I actually like that there is some luck involved.

P.S. Good question thread Ken K.

Previous Page | Show All |