Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Managers to waiver   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I know we've proposed this a dozen times, but I wanted to throw it back out there again for Steve's consideration.

Waivers would fix the race condition that exists only in this one aspect of the game. Additionally it would help combat the apparently rampant cheating that has been going on with players signing up for teams simply to steal that team's managers for their real team.

I'd prefer they just worked the same way as the players' waivers, but if Steve desires to keep the digging through managers aspect, all managers could simply be perpetually on waivers (meaning it would always take a few days to get a new manager after someone expressed interest).

Updated Wednesday, March 18 2020 @ 7:48:50 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have no idea what "rampant cheating" you're talking about, but this isn't the place for that. If you think that's happening, send a private message to Steve with the details.

Regarding the waivers idea for managers, it makes a horrible system slightly better to terrible. I guess I'm for that, especially if there was a way to just push a new managers button that shows truly new managers of the last week or whatever. That or something simple that shows all new managers Friday morning that kind of goes along with the draft. The managers could then be on waivers for 5 or 6 days. Anything that kills the extreme time waste of searching and searching to find the new guys AND eliminates the race. That's just sprinkling a little sugar on a nasty bite of bitterness, though. The whole thing is a disaster that I really wish was just nuked. They make the game much worse than it was without them.

Updated Wednesday, March 18 2020 @ 10:07:32 pm PDT
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
-1 No way I think waivers would make it worse. How do they cheat????? You have 30day release restrictions. Manager has little effects on game. I like them in the game. Maybe making changes to how we searching them will help.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I also wish we could nuke Managers, but if Steve doesn't want to do that, at least this would make it better.

I don't think the 30 day release restriction extends to managers. And even if it did, searching for managers is painful enough that a lot of people are doing this anyhow. Its been discussed several times in the forum. People sign up for a team that has a good manager. Drop the manager and then hire them with their team. A number of examples have been sited on the forums. You just have to read the forums to know, so its public knowledge. Its happened quite a bit.

How exactly would putting them to waivers make anything worse? Just because you would have to wait a couple days to get them? Small trade-off in my mind.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Having something mentioned in the forums by Joe Blow doesn't make it public knowledge. For example, I'm here frequently, but still probably only see half of all posts. I don't recall ever seeing any examples like you're referring to. Again, if that happens, this isn't the place to report it. Send a message to Steve. I doubt he would tolerate such actions.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve knows. He hasn't taken any actions.

Yes, being on a public forum, is the definition of public knowledge. Just because you don't know something, it doesn't mean its not public knowledge.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can find literally trillions of things in forums, blogs, even news sites that you and billions of people don't know. Do you see the word know in knowledge? Do you know why it's there? It's because it's a necessary part of the definition. We can play word games all you want, even if they mean nothing.

Webster's defines public knowledge as known information from the news. A forum isn't news. Not even here. When Steve posts information on the official news thread, that could qualify as possible public knowledge. Random threads are not.

If Steve has been presented with real examples and has done nothing, well, I'm disappointed. I'll just leave it at that.

To your original comment and title, I will again express my support. The process for managers needs to be improved. Waivers would be a move in the right direction.

Updated Thursday, March 19 2020 @ 1:47:04 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is a very weak definition of "public knowledge."

I can find literally trillions of things broadcast on the news that you and billions of people don't know.

You are really grasping at straws here in an attempt to not look stupid.

Here's Princeton's definition: "knowledge that is available to anyone"

This is the real definition of public knowledge. For the purpose of people reading these forums, anything posted on the main forum pages is public knowledge.

Previous Page | Show All |