Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Move draft up 1 week.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I put this in another post but maybe it needs it's own listing.

I would like to see the draft moved up 1 week.
I feel like it would work out best if we had week 1 of draft this a.m. (Friday, the first day of spring training and last day of World Cup).
I like that it is no longer on day1 of season flip but it seems like it has been pushed back too far.

As it is, the next 7 days will be rather slow.
If we started drafting right now there would be a bit more excitement this week from the new drafted players and the subsequent waivers action that usually follows the first draft.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
If I could +2 this, I'd do it.
peacockpenguin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 also some drafted players could benefit from the added spring training experience
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 Actually, I wouldn't be against going back to ten rounds, either. Get more players into circulation, either on rosters or the waiver wire.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 yes it makes more sense to move the draft up
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I like this idea for the reasons mentioned but also if I’m remembering the end of the season properly it would make Round 8 fall before the rosters get frozen for the last month. We could then freely drop people and add the eighth rounder before the rosters lock.
Eight rounds of drafts seems like more than enough to me. We have more players available to us than we need as it is. A culling of the players no one is ever going to pick up would be good.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would actually like to see everything moved up. Start spring training games the Monday after the season flip. Cut 2 series / 6 games from the spring training schedule so it still finishes on a Sunday.

I imagine the quiet week with nothing happening is a nice break for Admin tho.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The reason this was moved back was because everyone was gunning to draft as the flip was completely. Also, there needs to be some time so create amateur/overseas statistics.

Steve
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Forgive me here for my ignorance,but the draft was pushed back about 12 Real Life days. Why not just 5? Like I said before
It is better that draft 1 is not on the season flip. It just seems like it would be better start the draft the following Friday and not 2 Fridays later.
Cannot amateur stats be calculated each day during the World Classic?

Just hoping to make a great game greater by getting a little movement during a dead week.
Also comes with the benefits of getting the early draftees another week of spring training (which they used to get before the change) and it times out draft round 8 better with the end of free agency.

Previous Page | Show All |