Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Giant Moo Cow Suggestion List   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
By the way +1 to waiver/free agent salary reductions, league forum linking in league page, synergizing similar position experience, and the schedule display aspect like cup/playoff game progression.

Really for experience synergy all I care about is the dreaded SS,3B,2B lineup selection. It's hard to have a true "utility infielder" role in BB because its hard to get them experience across 3 positions. IMO if you're a 2.5-3 experience in any of those, you should be adequate at playing any position, as in have lower case experience at all 3. Obviously a weak arm will struggle at SS/3B and a low range 3B will struggle at SS/2B, but they shouldn't have a lower FP rating due to not knowing how to handle typical infielder plays.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is straight out cheating, akin to signing up for a team and dropping the quality players. Should be an insta-ban for anyone caught doing that with managers.

I'm sure North Miami Beach were the cheaters. Highly unlikely that a team "notices" the drop in the half a second before the cheating team clicks the sign button. SFGiants101 should really be banned from the game.

But I agree, the current race-to-sign system for managers is horrible anyhow. At least put them through waivers. Would be a deterrent to cheaters, and make the manager part of the game 1000% better.

Updated Saturday, September 21 2019 @ 11:54:47 am PDT
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Completely agree that kind of behavior is cheating. Can't say for sure on who. I don't know how you would prove anything unless it was done on the same computer or email address or something.

The only way to mostly fix it is a manager waiver wire system. Now the question is whether or not to make it a conditional drop system or not ;D

Also sadly that manager was the only thing going for Leesburg and they are now arguably the absolute worst team in Broken Bat. Somebody's got to be last I guess.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent thread!

I hope to have time to read more and chime in later.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That’s a lot of great ideas Hurstdm. I haven’t been here long but I was surprised when I first joined and have pondered as to why so many position players were rostered. I too would be in favor of position roster size reductions to enhance the usage and performance of left handed pitchers. My assumption is that rosters are so large so we won’t have to micromanage between games due to injuries. I think that could be solved by renaming AAA to AAA/DL and allowing a AAA player to be designated as a backup. In the case of an injury a player is automatically sent down to AAA/DL and a AAA backup would be called up. This happens in MLB all the time. For the next game let the sim engine select the best player to replace the starter with the same method as pinch hitting is done now. With this setup Big League rosters could be set so that we only bring 26? players to the game enhancing the usage and effectiveness of our left handed pitchers.
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm way late to the party, but I wouldn't mind a slight reduction in roster size. It's interesting that some of the LHP struggles in the game could be attributed to a larger selection of hitters to bash lefties with, though I'm not sure that's the cause. I do think a reduction forces more strategic play, though, as it makes specialization more costly. Now signing that guy just to be a DH against LHP hurts more because those roster spots are more valuable, which means having players fit more than one role and making good strategic decisions becomes increasingly important.

Perhaps the roster could be dropped from 30 to 27?
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just wish the draft started today.

As it is the next 7 days will be rather slow.
If we started drafting here there would be a bit more excitement this week the the new drafted players and the subsequent waivers action that usually follows the first draft.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm usually resistant to change but I'll give my thoughts for what they're worth.

* Totally re-work the manager system.

No. There's nothing wrong with the system - some managers are better than others, just like real life, its that simple. A so-called 'levelling' of the playing field just makes the game more vanilla.

There's no 'exploit' in finding new managers, its simply a matter of using your head. I've posted about the 'exploit' before and I'll do it again now: there are around 50 new managers each season, though they are made available at random throughout the season. Each has his own ID and they're all listed together - this season's managers run from ID#3531 to 3580. You can type those numbers into your address bar like this:-

https://brokenbat.org/manager/3534

Have fun, knock yourselves out. I can find new managers in about three seconds because I can tell by the new names that appear on the list (Nerd level: Master) and where they appear.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Steve knows everyone's IP address/server, so if you create a second account he's going to know about it. If you do something dubious, he's going to know about that too.

* Add more color to game replays.

I quite like this and I'm sure the community can provide plenty of ideas, but with all these things its coding it in and the time taken to do so. Honestly, I just read the game reports and use my imagination to describe it in my head, like I was watching an actual game.

* The kid salary is 0.2M. This could get raised to 0.5M only when the player has 1 official game appearance or more for the major league club, not the moment he's raised to a major league roster.

No. When a guy comes up his salary goes up, that's just something you have to way up before making promotions.

* Salaries of waivered players could drop by a small amount the moment they fall through waivers without a claim. (5%-15%?) Every training update, the salaries of players in free agency could drop again. (5%-10%?)

I like the idea of an initial drop, but every update? Also, its the teams at the top of the pyramid who lose money quicker so this would benefit them, and in the interest of balance I'm not sure that's a good idea. If you have an appropriately-sized stadium and watch salaries its easy to make money in every league outside of Legends. I've lost around $7.5M these last three seasons, despite two playoff runs and making the knockout stages of the cup, in addition to making cuts to save money...and I've still got $80M banked.

Which brings me to another point: if you look at the available teams, only a very few are in a poor financial situation. Every other team is at least 'stable', and most are 'good' or 'rich'. Like I said, cutting costs only helps those at the top.

* The "League" page could have a link directly to that League's forum page.

Great idea, +1.

* Eliminate "Base Running" as an option on the "Management" page.

No. The double negative '--' is the only one I don't use. You have to figure what works for you.

* It may be more realistic to peak player defense/speed earlier and drop it off earlier. The "Fielding" stat mightn't follow the same aging curve as the hitting stats and should peak earlier and drop off. Peak "Power" and "Plate Discipline" later than "Hitting" and "Bat Control".

+1 on the defense/speed, and this has been advocated a bunch of times.
-1 on the hitting reports. Some guys will always hit but not everyone hits for power, and some power hitters will never hit - and some will in time, for example.

* Players could suffer more penalty for playing out of position but gain position experience for playing a similar position. E.g., A solid SS should kind of understand how to play 2B or 3B.

* Add some code that flags or gives notice to me when players on my roster are close to or hit big, round milestones like 100 HR or 1000 G or whatever.

I like both these ideas, but again - coding?

* Shrink the "majors" roster for position players from 17 to 16 or 15.

NO, no, no. Absolutely not. I nearly always run a full complement of hitters/fielders (16-17) and its not to play matchups - its because injuries are so commonplace. And I've had plenty lefty pitchers do well. Moving guys up/down from AAA works well in real life, not so much here when most GMs are still developing players at that level and want to leave them there.

* There's a spoiler problem in a Cup elimination series. There's a similar spoiler problem with the end of season playoff series.

This is an issue here but I've enjoyed/suffered it from both sides so it doesn't really bother me now.

* Add a cash prize of, I don't know, something like $1M each for the Cup winner and runner up.

Nice idea, +1.

* List the weather on the "Schedule" page by each individual game, past and upcoming.

I never pay attention to the weather, I just assumed it was cosmetic.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Speed does drop off quicker. And starts maxed out. So nothing to fix there.

Weather isn't cosmetic, but I also never pay any attention to it.

A one time drop to salary demands for FA would be pointless. They are FA because no one wants them. Drop the cost 5-10% every week just makes them cheap enough that some team wants them. Its not like they are superstar. I don't see this advantaging teams at the top any more than anyone else.

The manager exploit was already defined in this thread. You sign up for another team, drop the manager, and then hire them. There are a bunch of teams that have done that, and Steve hasn't done anything about it. So your assumption he is monitoring this is incorrect.

Also pretty sure you joined the game after the addition of the race condition managers. No one liked the addition except Steve. They have never really added any value to the game. Just made it so people have to check managers all the time (or cheat). The managers are very overpowered, and its pretty hard to be successful without a good manager. There really is no point in them. Especially as is. They just add a mod to your players. There is no real strategic decision behind who you hire. You just find the best guy available and hire him.

Waivers for managers would be a quick fix, that prevents cheating, and takes away the rush aspect of managers. It works well for players, why not use it for managers.

Updated Sunday, November 3 2019 @ 3:25:46 pm PST
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I get the injuries thing because those few day injuries are pretty common. I just don't see a need to have 7 guys on the bench with a 9-man lineup. That just seems like overkill to me. I think having the roster knocked down to 27 total from 30 still allows you to have plenty of flexibility while forcing you to be a bit more selective of who is on your roster.

Previous Page | Show All |