Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Playoff expansion & Wild Card spots   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Every team has the same exact schedule (in terms of matchups). The corner case people are talking about is when two teams in the West have .600+ records, while the top team in the East has a ~.500 record. The only way to allow for two team in the West to promote is if you allowed for teams to move between the East and the West. So California teams would be in the East for instance, while a New York team could end up in the West.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No thanks.

This idea gets put up every once in a while and never gets very far. I've had my share of 2nd places but I like the system as is.

+1 agreed in full
Add more teams and then the next suggestion will be that everyone is in the playoffs.

If you want to promote, put on your big boy pants and win your division!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
One of the feedback that I get from Hardwood (the college basketball version) is that not a lot of people are participating in the playoffs/tournament, so there is a lot of idle time.

I think adding wildcards & another round of playoffs would probably have a similar effect.

Steve
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Admin: One of the feedback that I get from Hardwood (the college basketball version) is that not a lot of people are participating in the playoffs/tournament, so there is a lot of idle time. I think adding wildcards & another round of playoffs would probably have a similar effect.

I'm confused again. In a good way or a bad way? Is that a "yes" or a "no"? I'm regularly confounded at the lack of clarity in official admin responses.

No new playoffs. No wildcards. Dear me, no. I'm horrified.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bad way. People who were not in the playoffs got bored sitting around for two weeks waiting for the next season to start. Adding more teams to the playoffs here would have a similar effect. More down time before the start of the new season.
hockeytrb99

Sandusky Warriors
VI.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What if we just had everybody play a series when the league championship is going on 1V1 for championship, 2V2 for 3rd place, 3V3 for 5th, and so on to keep all of the owners involved.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
With just the 1 series, I haven't seen anyone actually complain about not playing for 3 days while the playoffs happen. Not sure if that 1v1 is fixing any existing issue. Personally, I don't care to play for 3rd or 5th. They seem like meaningless games at the end of the season (especially since playoffs is a lot more luck based than the actual season rankings). 1st or nothing is good for me. 1st in playoffs feels like League bragging rights. But 1st of 2nd place teams just doesn't feel like anything.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What if we just had everybody play a series when the league championship is going on 1V1 for championship, 2V2 for 3rd place, 3V3 for 5th, and so on to keep all of the owners involved.

+1 this has been suggested before but never really commented on.
It seems like a simple and reasonable solution to keep everyone active.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry about the confusion. People were complaining because their teams were idle.

Steve
BUDude

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't mind everyone getting an exhibition series while the championships series are happening. Could be nice to get some prospects a bit of time against other clubs just to see how it pans out.

Previous Page | Show All |