Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hidden scores   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my experience the attendance can be variable to the fan mood which is largely variable to wins and losses record , from these fluctutations a player can see if a previous match was won or lost. Of course this is only a problem is someone has maybe came in at a point where all of days matches have been simulated rather than if he watched them one by one.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When there are several matches hidden, the attendances can give away the results.
You know, winning team gets bigger attendance in the next match.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have observed that fan mood is relative, I have won matches and the next day the attendance is lower, thus I reviwed that also the visiting team fan mood is a factor in the total. For example:

Fri May 10th April 8th Cup Cape Coral Biloxi L 0 - 7 (play) 18,767
Fri May 10th April 8th Cup Cape Coral Biloxi W 1 - 0 (play) 19,075
Fri May 10th April 9th Cup Biloxi Cape Coral L 3 - 2 (play) 15,000
Fri May 10th April 10th Cup Biloxi Cape Coral L 8 - 0 (play) 15,000
Sat May 11th April 11th League Marietta Cape Coral L 5 - 3 (play) 10,507
Sat May 11th April 12th League Marietta Cape Coral L 9 - 2 (play) 11,676
Sat May 11th April 13th League Marietta Cape Coral L 6 - 4 (play) 11,188

Mon May 13th April 19th Cup Cape Coral Brandon L 3 - 8 (play) 52,000
Mon May 13th April 19th Cup Cape Coral Brandon L 1 - 13 (play) 52,000
Mon May 13th April 20th Cup Brandon Cape Coral L 11 - 5 (play) 15,000
Mon May 13th April 21st Cup Brandon Cape Coral L 7 - 2 (play) 15,000
Tue May 14th April 22nd League Waterbury Cape Coral L 9 - 4 (play) 14,718
Tue May 14th April 23rd League Waterbury Cape Coral L 10 - 3 (play) 15,000
Tue May 14th April 24th League Waterbury Cape Coral L 5 - 0 (play) 14,752

----

And there are more examples. Also I'm tracking every RL day change in the fan mood and rating, alongside with the record of the team in that day (not simulated)

So the formula would be (maybe):

Attendance = (LFan*LFanMood) + (VFan*VFanMood/hidden number) * Climatic

LFan = Local team's fan (imaginary number or hidden, maybe it depends on the team's level, higher level, higher fans)
LFanMood = Local Team's Fan Mood (visible at the team's page), it's determined by the win/loss of the team, it's updated in each game.
VFan = Visitor team's fan (imaginary number or hidden, maybe it depends on the team's level, higher level, higher fans)
VFanMood = Visitor Team's Fan Mood (visible at the team's page), it's determined by the win/loss of the team, it's updated in each game.
Climatic: It's the weather modifier. If the team has a roof, this number doesn't affect the attendance so, I suppose the number in this case would be "1".

(*) 1 if is with roof
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
These are two separate issues; but one definitely does, and the other might, give an indication of intervening results.

I live in Europe so pick-up on the results the following day. I enjoy watching the game unravel so would prefer the sense of mystery to be maintained if it were possible.

It would be a "nice to have" feature so it depends on how difficult it is to code.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I am considering not listing future games on the schedule beyond the first hidden game result (if hide scores is a user selection). This should resolve the issue. However, if you don’t log on for a while, you might have to click through a lot of games. So I’m thinking I might have to also add an unhide all button for that case?

That’s my thinking right now.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Err, I wouldn't like to lose the full schedule...

How about doing what you are thinking but in a new page and call it "play games"or something like that, and leave current schedule page with all matches and everything not hidden?
ltm0011

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Showing the whole schedule is a must.

I will actually adjust my pitching rotation if I'm playing a bad team and then a good team. So that my best starter plays game one of the series against the good team.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So what we really need is an alternative way to view the "next" hidden game without going to the schedule page?

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The way we view hidden matches in the schedule page right now is ok, except for the little things that give away the result, like the last game of an elimination series being removed, or not, and the attendances of the next matches.

If those can't be removed without sacrificing the full schedule feature,i say let things stay as they are right now.

If theres a chance to have it all at the expense of having to watch the matches on a different location,i say go for it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The big issue is with cup and playoff games, the unnecessary games are removed before they are played. So just removing the attendance display isn't going to solve this problem. I will see if there is another way around this.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |