Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> News Posts for minor game changes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It has been long standing practice for minor game changes to be "ninja'd". Snuck in without fanfare. I believe the intent is for managers to discover these changes on their own. I can appreciate that.

A few of the more recent changes have come with some "feels bad" possibilities. I learned about the new variation in potential bars after cutting a 12 pot who morphed into a 13. I feel the locking of nicknames would have been better with a "At the end of 2019 we will begin locking nicknames for players turning 33. Please ensure you have the nickname you want on these players beforehand." rather than logging in one day to find the option greyed out.

An added benefit of additional news posts is that managers who do not frequent the forums will be more in the loop.

I hope this does not come off as criticism of Admin. I greatly appreciate all the effort and expense put into the game. I've played more than 5 real life years, and am still extremely passionate about BrokenBat. I do think more news posts would avoid some manager frustration without impacting excitement about future additions.
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
+1, that whole post. Maybe a tab somewhere with lists something like:

* "Suggestions Steve's Considering"

* "Suggestions Steve's Implementing"

* "To Do List of Future Changes"

* "Changelog for Recent Additions"

Edit: In support, I just scanned the "Official Draft Change Discussion Thread" and couldn't find any person suggesting something like "show prospect potential in the draft but fuzz it more." Not even Steve. The majority of comments in that thread seem to say "don't change anything" or "only minor tweaks". With so many people saying essentially "I'm fine with the draft," I was surprised Steve could fairly say, "I know there is a sense that Broken Bat has become a little stale and there isn't much strategy to drafting nor really a good way to shape your team with it." He seemed to take it back later, but I don't think anyone was given the opportunity to discuss this particular change before it was ninja'd in. Steve's generally implemented suggestion is about halfway down the thread - probably after many/most had ducked out of listening. That's the kind of thing that might go on a "Considering" or "Implementing" list.

Early in that thread, I said this: "I rather like that an admin would ask the player base for advice and help for something you're working on or thinking about, rather than just do something major or feeling 100% responsible for implementing something just to see what happens.... If you're trying to get advice on fixing particular problems, I'd love to see a list of what the perceived problems are? A numbered or "not in any particular order" bullet list? I don't have any idea what the perceived problems are, so they feel kind of vague to me. If we don't know where we're going, we probably won't get there."

Updated Monday, July 1 2019 @ 8:13:11 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |