Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Award Tiny Triangle Pennants to Players by Playing Time   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The Cows just won the 2040 league championship in III.2. Players on the Moo Cow roster just got the Tiny Triangle Pennant on their player cards. It's a very minor point, but I hid this guy away in the minors during the playoff. He had 18 starts for us and over 100 innings pitched during the season, but he didn't get a Tiny Triangle Pennant on his player card. I know he's just a collection of ones and zeros but I feel bad for the guy. He might be sulking. I can't get him to pick up the phone.

I assume the current Broken Bat code just awards Tiny Triangle Pennants to every player on the team roster at the end of the playoff. Why not change it so every possible player gets a Tiny Triangle who's named on the team "Statistics" page with a certain minimum number of appearances during the year? G and/or AB for hitters. G and/or IP for pitchers. I don't think it would be a difficult change and it might be a more equitable distribution of Tiny Triangles, even to guys hiding in the minor league.

For extra credit, I've occasionally dropped players right before the trade deadline and then won the championship. If those guys fulfilled the minimum number of appearances requirements, shouldn't they get awarded the Tiny Triangle that year for that line on their player card? They helped! It's like sending a ring to the guys that helped push the ball up the hill.

Blackbeard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess it's pretty obvious why they (or he) didn't get the triangle on it's record profile. It wasn't on the major league team for the champ series.

If they didn't play in the league championship then why should they get the championship award. They shouldn't because they weren't on the team.

I guess you could look at that triangle as sort of a world series ring and I don't know of many players in the real big leagues that would be awarded a WC ring if they did not participate in the series games.

Maybe in the future, keep them on the major league roster even if they are injured. In my opinion your guy doesn't deserve it. Thats the breaks I guess. He was relegated to the minors for a reason or he could have been released (or traded if that could happen). Those players normally don't share in the series glory... :-(
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You might be surprised to read up on who gets a World Series ring:

from Wikipedia ("Players who were only briefly on the team's roster during a championship season and those no longer affiliated with the winning team also often receive rings.")

from Reddit

from USA Today

regarding the Red Sox

Updated Friday, May 24 2019 @ 5:17:29 am PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Previous Page | Show All |