Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> disabled list   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
i except that this is ok for short injuries equivalent to the 15 day DL in MLB as the roster on brokenbat is five players larger.

However there could be an equivalent to the 60 day DL in MLB (perhaps 30 day on brokenbat) that allows a player to be called up from the minors. But this would only be needed if there were restrictions on reassigning players to and from the minors - which I don't think there currently is (the rules simply state that "Players in the minor leagues should be 25 years old or younger."

Which does raise the question as to whether this should be enforced to stop owners using the minors as an extension to the 30 man roster.

Also, is there an equivalent to the MLB September call-ups when the full roster can be used to give more junior players experience. Again this would only be needed if there were restictions on reassignment. The only current restriction I am aware of is "all free agents must be signed before September 1st. Afterwards, rosters are frozen until after the playoffs."
Todibus

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bumping this discussion into the present, lol,

When you have a long-term injury (like my best pitcher injured for 36 days during his first start of the new season, ugh!) - it seems like you're penalized twice - first cause you don't have your player and then if you replace him you're taking up a roster spot that you'd probably want to use for your minors.

Rosters ARE larger than MLB rosters, but my strategy has been to maximize minor league development and go with fewer players at the major league level (it's worked fairly well).

Just seems to me that there should be a way to take an injured player off of your active roster, freeing up that spot. Maybe 10 days is too little a period - maybe make it 20 or 25 but at least then if you have a player with a very long injury you have the option of replacing him without it hurting your entire developmental strategy.
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
17 active position players is too many. i feel like i'm cheating when i have 15+. i don't capitalize on platoon splits because it is wack.

you are talking about a pitcher though. aside from the fact that overall stamina drain/recovery is (imo) very lenient, you can call up your best AAA pitcher and send him down before friday's training update if you are worried about hindering development.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So you admit that you keep fewer players so you can benefit from stocking the minors but when you get an injury you now want a new rule so you can avoid the negative that comes from your chosen strategy??

Maybe I'll keep just 20 Major league players and fill up the roster with minor league guys and ask to be able to have every injured player on IR? lol

Common man!
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Come on man!

"Common man" means something else!

I also would have accepted, C'mon man! lol

:)
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lol

Right C'mon man (like the nfl segment)!
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, C'mon Man the part of the show where ESPN mocks mass stupidity from the week across all of sportsland.
Todibus

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
#FreddyTheEye: I just looked at the Legends League, where 9 of 12 teams have fewer than the 30 ML players currently on their rosters, with the average # of ML players being 26.5, so this is a widely practiced strategy that's employed by most of the best owners on the site.

And now I have 3 pitchers injured for: 26, 13 and 12 days.

I could bring up a minor league player and game the system like nobodyjones suggests; I could run with the 8 pitchers I have left who are healthy; or I could drop a player to add a free agent pitcher to get me through but - shouldn't there be a mechanism for substituting for a player who's injured for a long period? It would cost more in salary so there's a penalty there, it's not like it's a cost-free option.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
While I can sympathize with the multiple injury problem, I am not in favor of a disabled list. Everybody has the same options when facing that dilemma.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Todibus..where did I say it was not a good strategy??

C'mon Man!

Updated Thursday, January 22 2015 @ 7:54:00 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |