Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Suggestion: Waiver Claims   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand AP, 'twas just an idle thought, since I see so many (okay it’s really just Mike) complaining about the randomness, I thought I’d just post. I get your points entirely.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think it's fair to throw Mike under the bus. I think everyone has complained about randomness when it has gone against them. I do it much more with the game engine than with waivers, though I have done it with waivers in the past. I caught a lot of flack for my wording of that complaint after I did it during version 1.0 of 2035 regarding Battle Creek sweeping me in a 5 game set that took me from pushing for contention to the thick of the relegation battle.

Regarding the suggestions here, I agree with Rock, the priority claim system suggested first by Haselrig if I recall correctly, is still the only one I would support. The other ideas suggested here have all been suggested multiple times and thoroughly shown to be unfair to one segment of the population or another.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman, Rock, whoever, can you refresh our memory about the one you're talking about, preferably by link? I don't remember that one.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got the original poster of it wrong, it was Seca in the first post of this thread. I almost said Seca, but he has promoted it far less than all its other proponents. It has been brought up many times since, but this was the first listing of it I could find.

I had to dig back 35 pages to find it, which is funny because if you cut out the threads just on waivers it would be more like 20 pages.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh wait a minute..,

That's what you meant by priority claim system?

I believe I owe you an apology Mike. When you said priority claim last week in another thread, i thought you meant like in fantasy football where the worst teams automatically win claims, but once they win a claim they go back to the end of the line, and hence have lower priority. Because that system would be abysmally terrible.

No, I would definitely support what Seca proposed. Apologies again Mike.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Accepted. And that is definitely the waiver system I completely endorse. It's still super simple, yet utterly fantastic and would be a significant improvement. Love it.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Can I get one part of this idea clarified?

If I put in a claim on Player X and mark it has a priority claim, and then you put in a claim on the same player and also mark it as a priority claim, then the player would wind up going to one of the two of us? Or we would just have better odds than everyone who only put normal claims in?

And further, if I still wound up not getting the player, would I get my priority claim back to use on another player that season?

Thx
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that part confused me in hindsight. It’s still kinda random because some managers will be forced to wait until later to use them.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the original idea was it would be random amongst priority claims. Pretty certain you would only lose your claim once you were successful. I mean, we're talking about one priority claim a season under that proposal. I've always thought it was an interesting concept.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, it would still be random among the priority claims. So while there would certainly be players that would gather plenty of claims, say there are two great players set to go through waivers the same night (think the first week after season flip). It would eliminate the chances of the same owner winning both, and whoever did win those players would have to wait til the following season to get another priority claim, which should make the distribution per season a lot MORE even through waivers. While rebuilds COULD take longer, it should ensure that we don't go an entire season without winning anyone who no one else has a claim on, which has happened to people...

Previous Page | Show All |