Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Statistics   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am sure that this is difficult to address, but I had two suggestions regarding statistics. The first woud be that it would be cool to see in the box scores who turned double plays. I know it isn't conventional, but it would be interesting nonetheless. Of likely greater appeal, in my opinion would be the ability to see more short term statistics. Currently you can only see season stats, but I think it would be cool if you could see stats over a shorter period, say the last 9 games, or the last 12 games or something. I know you can differentiate stats based on the types of games (spring, cup, etc), and it would be cool in my opinion to see this mechanic as well. It would help with pitchers to see what a role change does for stats, help with batter to see if different management settings cause upticks or downticks in stats. Just an idea. Any thoughts?
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I agree. I already suggested something like this too, and stats broken by left and right, and home and away.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I’ve tried to model the box score after the ones you see on Yahoo! Sports or ESPN. They don’t typically report double plays (although it’s reported in the game summary). I kind of go back and forth as to whether to report more information or what is too much information in the box score.

I have been considering the feasibility of having more statistics categories (lefty/righty, home/away, last 10 games) etc. The issue is that the database size starts to grow exponentially with the more different categories you include.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |