Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> .20 million dollar players and waivers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
allow teams with finances below zero to compete for minimum salary players (.20 million) on waivers.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
dlwarren1

Saginaw Crusaders
VI.23

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Why negative? What is the down side of this? A team can't cut its expensive players without having cheap players to replace them with. Currently the game doesn't allow you to hire new players if you are in financial trouble, but also doesn't allow you to cut players below a minimum, so it prevents people from righting the ship...
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

There should be a path to recovery for mismanaged franchises.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I disagree with being able to sign only $0.20M players. Bump that up to half-a-million and then we’re talking.

The only players who earn less than $0.50M are minor league players, so you’d be damning the team to looking for either players who aren’t ready for the bigs or underdeveloped players who never went anywhere on other teams. That’s not righting the ship, that’s ensuring complete lack of competitive play from the ballclub.

Since you’d have to promote them to the Majors to play them, they’re already guaranteed to be earning $0.50M, so why not just raise the limit to what they’d be earning anyway? At least that way they’d have a shot at finding under-the-radar guys who could actually be more useful than trotting Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Moe out onto the field.

(I speak from some experience, too. My first few seasons were run on a shoestring budget, and I got surprisingly good mileage out of some $500K guys.)

Updated Tuesday, February 20 2018 @ 1:49:05 pm PST
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1, even though I don't know what it's like to be low on salary :p
munciestan

Walnut Creek Cardinals
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Makes sense to me. You can't reduce salary to get back on top of your finances and not be able to sign new players. Would have to include players up to $0.50M. So what would you do otherwise, just give up the team and request another one?

Previous Page | Show All |