Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Manager salaries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If all managers are essentially the same right now, why do their salaries increase after good seasons?

It seems to add to the simulation world to "keep your winning manager", but knowing they're the same means that logically we should keep dumping them every season they win to replace with a similar manager at reduced cost..
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Managers salaries are based on past performance. At this point, I wouldn't recommend spending a lot on a manager.

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. My suggestion is to not base manager salaries on past performance because:

they're all the same, so there isn't a value to be gained

and the current system encourages winning teams to dump their manager and hire a new one with the same traits. This is a silly act to encourage and detracts from the game-world.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think the solution is to make manager more relevant. It's on the "to do" list, just haven't gotten there yet.

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, thanks.

For now I just fired my existing manager and rehired another one with the exact same stats. $1.5M saved :lol:
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I would recommend that.

Steve
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unfortunately another low-level team picked up my former manager and is paying his $2M salary, even though there are other managers available at the same stats for .5M. A bit of a newbie trap currently...

Previous Page | Show All |