Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> league statistics change   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I had been meaning to post in that thread, I'd agree that the 1B shouldn't be counted, double plays started might be a better stat? i.e. if the SS starts the double play he gets the stat, if its the 3B then he gets the stat, regardless if the SS is the second part of that DP?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to see the real number, but some DPs involve 3 players, and some only 2 (and some only 1). Is there an easy way to pull out the real number? Just dividing by 3 is not going to give the real DP number. What if the 1B makes an unassisted double play (not uncommon), do you get 0 DPs out of it?

I like JJNZ's idea. if its possible to do. That way we would have an accurate count of DPs at least.

Updated Wednesday, November 8 2017 @ 3:53:33 pm PST
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Double plays started seems like a decent compromise.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Of course most of the work in a DP actually happens after the first out. So usually the second guy. But that might be too hard to keep track of?
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe counting who's made the assist an not the putout?
It would remove the 1b , unless he's starting the DP

It would miss the Line out + tag.
(Does it ever happen in BB?)
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would like to see a team DP total. I can get a rough estimate by adding the DPs of my 1B, OF, and catchers, but knowing the real number would be cool.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Double plays started seems like a decent compromise.

The problem is there isn't a DP started stat. Maybe just DPs exclusive of 1B DPs?

Steve
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't really watch baseball so the I was just wondering how the stat is kept in MLB etc as it seems odd here.

Maybe keep it the way it is for player and game stats. It must work best that way.

In the expanded league stats where we are comparing our team to other teams I'd rather just see the actual number of times we executed any type of double play. (not that it would be likely to alter the teams number of double plays ranking)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmm...still no conclusion on this.

Steve
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Just from looking at MLB stats, the team’s double play count should be the number of double plays turned rather than taking the total of double plays from the players on the team. Taking the Atlanta Braves as an example, the stat on the league’s fielding page shows 137 double plays. The Braves’ fielding page shows just Swanson and Freeman alone adding up to 156. (I tried linking them, but the forum didn’t like the links and I can’t be arsed to use a URL shortener at five-in-the-morning.) It shouldn’t be too hard a change to make, I wouldn’t think.

Updated Friday, December 1 2017 @ 2:25:43 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |