Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Longer Injuries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with Rock, much better way would be introducing an energy system to position players.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There should be some reason to want to rest a player, I agree.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I worked out an exponential formula with a slow growth rate in a prior thread that increased fatigue the more games a player played in, so players would require more rest later in the season.

Updated Sunday, October 15 2017 @ 7:49:44 pm PDT
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Please never implement career-ending injuries...this just sounds like a good way to make someone quit playing the game.
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I estimate that there are over 50,000 players either on a team, free agent or waivers. It takes about 120 real days to get thru a complete season. If Steve randomly selected one player who would have a career ending injury each real day, the chance of one of your players having a career ending injury on any given day would be approx. 50/50,000 or one in a thousand.Then if we assume you have 10 key players on your 50 man roster, the chance of one of your key players being injured on any given day would be one in 5 thousand or any given season would be approx. 120/5000. or a little less than 1/500. Pretty long odds.

Updated Tuesday, October 17 2017 @ 6:38:22 pm PDT
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Going by those numbers, you could expect a star player on your team to get his career ended roughly once every year-and-a-half of RL time. I'm sorry, but I don't like it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Perhaps if promoted Minor Leaguers' instant $300,000 salary boost could be delayed until their Rookie label wears off upon promotion it might add some depth.

Can you explain? How many teams are worrying about young players salaries?

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Please never implement career-ending injuries...this just sounds like a good way to make someone quit playing the game.

Tend to agree with this...

Steve
Crazy9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the fatigue limit idea as you would need to build depth around it
Buckeye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hate the idea of longer injuries. I've only been playing a few season and have had at least 1 30 game injury in each season. While I understand the desire to require owners to create more depth, I believe that it would cause people to quit.

I am intrigued by the fatigue for players, however. And that would tend to have the same effect of having owners create more depth.

Previous Page | Show All |