Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pinch Hitting Preference   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I want the ability to list the preferred pinch hitters among players on my bench for both RHP and LHP. I've been getting some really strange instances where an awful hitter pinch hits when a solid hitter is on the bench, and I feel like being able to list a priority order would be nice.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think it'd be really nice for an overhaul of how substitutions work. For example, on my bench I have two low hitting but high BC/PC/Power boppers, and two no-hitting but SUPER quick and high range guys.

But I can't use them the way I envision them, being:

use the power guys to pinch hit in an important moment in the game hoping for a HR/double

use the speed/range guys as a pinch runner or a 8/9th inning defensive substitution, but have someone come in to replace THEM once the inning ends (i.e., if I have a 20 speed guy on the bench who is awesome for pinch running in the 8th to try and eek out a run, I don't want him to stay in the game after that half inning because he's a garbage hitter and fielder). I want him to purely be a speed demon used for base stealing and scoring from 1st/2nd in a critical game moment --- but then get them the hell out of the game after that moment for someone better suited to fielding and hitting)

Instead, I feel like it's a crap shoot as to what's going to happen late in the game when the substitutions happen, even though I've fiddled with the management screen as much as I can.

I think better, more fine-tuned bench management would be a massive addition to the game.

Updated Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 9:23:44 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
In fact, I had to release my speed demon because having him on my bench was a liability, he kept being subbed into games even though he's not marked as a replacement on the lineup pages, and being a liability in my late-inning games with his crap bat and glove.

Updated Thursday, August 24 2017 @ 11:03:53 am PDT
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure if it can be done ... but +1

I had a similar situation. I had speedy guy for pitch running and once he went into the game he didn't leave it...

Previous Page | Show All |