Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Separate Spring Training Management from Regular Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty much what the title says. What seems to be happening currently is that we have; Regular season and Spring Training management options.
But when we change the settings in Spring Training they are carrying to the Regular Season settings and changes the whole settings we have there as well! Just doesn't make sense to have a Spring Training and a Regular Season tab if when you change one the other also changes.

What I suggest is that when we change settings in Spring Training it does just that, only change it in the Spring Training tab, and not the Regular season as it is doing now.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1. I find it mildly annoying. But I'd rather have the draft picks pushed up a week and the World Classic players and Cup games be easier to follow along with first.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 You beat me to it; I was about to gripe about this one, myself. I’ll heartily add my +1 on this.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I find it mildly annoying. But I'd rather have the draft picks pushed up a week and the World Classic players and Cup games be easier to follow along with first.

@wickersty

I find it very annoying personally, it's misleading and ruins the settings we have for regular season.

The suggestion wasn't based on a time frame to get it implemented not really trying to get this ahead of anything else just getting this out there. But despite me not knowing code it should be a simple change to save the two settings separately. But again this is coming from a guy who knows nothing or very little about coding so could be completely wrong. ;)

Updated Wednesday, August 2 2017 @ 7:29:38 am PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ChillFunkEz3000 No, I hear you. I agree, it's annoying. I'm just saying if you asked me, I'd rather deal with that and have WC & Cup more easily tracked. But I don't disagree with you.

I'm a systems admin and developer, and while it entirely depends on details of how things are set up etc, one would think it'd be a relatively minor amount of dev effort to split the two management settings. Definitely some effort, some testing, etc., but not a major amount of dev work.

This offseason I basically said to myself F it, I'm going to completely ravage my management settings to try and have a great amount of control over who plays when and who gets substituted in spring training games etc, with the understanding that that meant at the end of the spring I was going to have a full on mess on my hands and have to redo all of my management settings. Not fun, I agree.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've suggested this in the past, and I still think its a good idea. Steve has specifically declined to do this for Cup/Regular Season because he doesn't want to encourage people using lesser lineups in the cup (which is reasonable given his intent for the Cup), but I believe Steve's intent with Spring training IS for people to use different lineups & tactics, so it follows that this is suggestion makes sense. Is may already be on his ever lengthening "to-do someday" list. Just not high enough to keep up with all the other to-dos ;)

Previous Page | Show All |