Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Maximum Bookmarks?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No, not a silly question.

How: In the player card, top left, you'll see a little blue envelope to the right of the name and player ID. You click that to bookmark the player. You can also bookmark games and forum threads. To access your bookmarks, go to the penultimate option in the menu, "Tools."

Why: Some reasons include...

* The free agent pickup deadline of September 1 has passed, yet you find someone in the free agent search (waiver or otherwise) that you'd like to try to pick up / waiver claim in the offseason.

* Your roster is full but you still have interest in a free agent or two; you can bookmark them and perhaps nab them again at a more opportune time if they are still available.

* A former player of yours doesn't fit your team, but you'd like to keep tabs on them and see how they fair on another team.

* You had a memorable game and you want to keep it bookmarked for posterity.

* Someone had an insightful post in the forums, and you want to be able to reference it later.

Thanks, Steve! Very much appreciate your efforts.

Updated Thursday, July 6 2017 @ 7:55:11 am PDT
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks lostraven. I'll have to play around with this. It sounds like a useful tool and I knew nothing about it.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I was able to bookmark a player so I can see how it works. Interest that my franchise had 1 game bookmarked that is invalid from December 31, 1969. I was just a baby back then. I wonder what happened?
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a similar game bookmarked but showing as invalid. You can still click the URL, though, and it takes you to the game. I remember saving that game as it was the first All Star game for me. I'm guessing there was a database issue of some sort that maintained the URL but garbled the original teams, score, and date information?

G7Foka1.png

Updated Thursday, July 6 2017 @ 10:01:34 am PDT
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks LostRaven I know I didn't ask but I also never heard of this.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Bumping this because I think I hit the limit sometime in the last couple of days. Just like lostraven I don't know how many I thought I bookmarked but didn't. Anyway, I gave a quick search through the rules and didn't find anything about a max number of players but I have 30 and can't bookmark any more. I guess it's time for me to clean up the clutter.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't think I've ever bookmarked more than 6-7 players. Once they've moved on I delete them. If I want to keep tags on guys who were on my team I just link back to them through the transactions page.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I may be a bit on the extreme side. last season I gave up my old team and took on one of the lowest ranked in all of BB. I had to completely rebuild everything, so I had a ton of players marked. Some of my old players but most were minor leaguers i didn't get on waivers but I marked in case there new team changed their mind.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL I also didn't realize this feature was available.

Thanks!!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I admit to being a bit of a fiend with the bookmarking tool.

Updated Thursday, May 17 2018 @ 6:09:25 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |