Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Season flip waivers minimal time   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For me it is just the season flip.
Seems like some players have a really short waiver period before being claimed.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...going to try to add some additional time. Let me know if this is an improvement.

Steve
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve. Appreciated by many, I'm sure!
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Fantastic! Thanks, Steve. (Indeed, I think it's just the season flip.)
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just throw in my opinion as I made the original suggestion - I would prefer the minimal waiver time only during the flip. During the season it can be as it was before. The reasoning would be, the flips happen at different times and it's hard to hit the exact window when it happens to grab the first players. As I wrote, it should not be beneficial for managers to have a Saturday evening available.

During the season it's a different story, managers that check waivers every day should have the benefit to catch some players that others won't even notice. So I don't think a minimal time is necessary.

If you indeed implemented this Steve, you are the best.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

During the season it's a different story, managers that check waivers every day should have the benefit to catch some players that others won't even notice.

I disagree with that statement completely. Waivers are a bear during the regular season. I've grown to hate them because you have to check every single day. That's a nuisance. Steve has often commented that casual players shouldn't be penalized, but they are with the short time window on waivers.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the timing with waivers has been just fine. But adding more time seems just fine also.

I respect that there are different opinions on this, but my opinion is that I think that there should be a reward or benefit to those who check waivers every day. That said, I would not want anyone penalized too much for not checking waivers regularly.

I think that there has been good balance to the waiver system for some time now.

During the season, most players seem to sit in waivers for several days before they work their way to their clearing date. Sometimes a player will only be in waivers until the next day. Those could be missed by infrequent checking. That is reward for those that check regularly. But most players seem to sit for several days before clearing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm... I'm still seeing guys with as little as 25 hours immediately after the flip here...? Were these guys just clearing in 1 hour previously?

EDIT: Actually its only a handful of guys, and then it jumps out to 3 days. Looking at them, they all look to have been released right around the flip. So maybe these were guys that were released after the pool was refreshed with the longer waiver times.

Updated Friday, October 6 2017 @ 11:54:12 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If somebody releases a player (as opposed to a free agent at the flip), the waiver time is still the same.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I figured that was what was happening. I think the addition of more time for the season flip guys is great! Thanks Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |