Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> New Management Setting: BYPASS CLOSER!!!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Buckeye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am relatively new and have had this happen to me.

+1
T40Flamelizard

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also relatively new here, but I love it. Needs to be implemented.

+1
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’m not sure how I missed this thread, but definitely I’ll add a +1 to it. While I currently have the best closer in my league, it was only a couple of seasons ago that hated seeing my top two starters yanked in the ninth because that more or less guaranteed turning the game into a nail-biter. Mike’s simplified take on “trouble” would probably be good enough, and definitely be an improvement.

Updated Wednesday, September 13 2017 @ 9:56:17 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I missed this too, probably because the last post in this thread in May was on my birthday.

+1

I really like Mig's idea with trouble, but if it is too difficult for Steve to code, then Mike's simple refinement would still be nice.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Really, just an overhaul for closers would be nice. Like with a lot less clearly defined of a role. The game should treat them just like any other reliever.

But +1
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want the game to treat them like any other reliever, just use setup men. There is no requirement to have a closer. I like the fact that I can choose my bullpen Ace to come in for important situations. I think the closer role is the most well oiled part of the bullpen management options that we have right now.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock

That's what I was doing, problem is I have 3 guys I wanted to use as set-up men, so in comes the closer
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Make one a RHS. They come in with a similar frequency as SETS anyhow.
Nxck9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Previous Page | Show All |