Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Split Ownership   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I really need to look into how much coding work this would be. There seems to be some interest...but does that warrant the development time versus other improvements? Not sure yet...

Steve
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know. This kind of sounds like something that shouldn't be available to a user until they've been active for 6 months or something like that. You don't want to have one person who is active and trying their best to put a good team on the field stuck with a non-active user. ESPECIALLY if each person is assigned a role such as GM or manager, disallowing a manager, for example, from picking up new players if his/her partner user goes dark.

I would be in favor of this is there were no roles assigned and the partner users had to figure this all out on their own. For example, if MrTwoPlums and Seca ended up owning the same team (HOF tandem right there!), then they could work out their individual responsibilities, like TwoPlums as GM and Seca as manager. You should not have to be stuck in a single role just in case your partner goes dark.

I, personally, enjoy the GM part of the game far more than the player management. Occasionally, I like sitting down and sifting through free agents and the waiver wire looking for potential adds to my squad, but I HATE setting hooks, specifying what innings a pitcher should enter the game, constantly setting lineups to get my hot hitters in there and getting young guys PT, etc. etc. etc.

If I could get an active partner who enjoys that part of the game and is good at it, I would be all for it. Of course, as partners we should be attentive to each other's advice, like I would be willing to listen to his/her input on what players to keep my eyes out for on the waiver wire or while drafting, and he/she should be willing to listen to my advice regarding who should be getting PT. Ultimately, whoever we as partners decide would be controlling what would have the final say on issues related to that responsibility. For example, if I think player A should be starting, and they think player B should be starting, player B would start because we agreed ahead of time that they would control the lineups. BUT, they should be willing to at least consider what I am saying, even though in the end they control the lineups.

Or, if you really wanted to have established team ownership roles, make only responsibilities that pertain to that role available UNLESS your partner goes dark for ~2-3 days. Then, make everything available to the owner that has been getting on every day.

This is just my two cents. It's an interesting idea. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it would be cool.

Updated Saturday, April 22 2017 @ 1:52:41 pm PDT
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well of I ever did this it would be with a friend also if this happens then the person can PM Steve and he can deal with it
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not interested. Personally I'd rather see effort go into other improvements.
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm against putting the effort here. If we as players know someone else that would be interested in splitting ownership, why not encourage them to take on their own team and get rid of some of these bot teams? I wouldn't want a co-owner to do something that might alter the path I'm taking my team.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You could always just share your login info with someone if you wanted split ownership. No extra coding needed.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not just slip this to the bottom of the To-Do list? If it makes it to the top at some point, it can get another look then.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of see the appeal, but I agree with rock and others that I would rather see the effort put into other more important things.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Why not just slip this to the bottom of the To-Do list? If it makes it to the top at some point, it can get another look then.

Yeah, I will evaluate the workload at some point and decide where/if to slot it into the 'to do' list.

Steve
Mesh77

Palo Alto Invaders
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a fan of this idea. I can see some of the attraction for those who don't have the time or inclination to do certain things in the game, but you get out of the game what you put in, or alternatively can pick and choose what you'd like to concentrate on. I think Rock's proposal of sharing your login details with someone else, if you're that desperate for someone to make game changes in a single series, has some merit and doesn't require any coding changes. Personally I'd be wary of sharing my login details with anyone.

Previous Page | Show All |