Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Another draft suggestion   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
While I don't mind selecting for minimum preference on a skill I do not like the idea of being able to pre-select to get 10 pitchers or 10 hitters as selections. I am not sure that was an intent of anyone but if it went that route I think it would be a dramatic negative.

Otherwise I think it is an interesting proposal with some interesting possibilities that could use some further fleshing out.

As to rock's question above...I'm not going to specifically say which of those would have more value for me but I could see at least 5 of the 8 as having significant sorting value and might use as many as 7 of the 8 personally.

Updated Monday, April 17 2017 @ 2:38:08 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
How about if choosing a priority would only guarantee that one of the ten players that would appear in your slate would fit that criteria with the other nine being the usual random draws? It would then be up to you to suss out which one it is, or go with one of the other nine if they are obviously better.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be for 1 as well. Anything to make it feel like we have a tiny bit more control.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well maybe 2-3 for position players and 1 for pitchers
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Fielding, contact, and speed would be my top three choices for now if given, but any sort of implementation with these ideas would be great!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Some of the values in Rock's original rundown aren't equivalent (Good hitter is a "C" grade skill vs Decent Slugging which is a "B" grade skill etc.) so it's hard to say which would prove the most valuable to me. I might actually use the control one the most. Usually a P with at least 12 POT and no control issues is at least somewhat useful. "Good Hitters" can be a crap shoot. Speed can be good or bad depending on the rest of the build. Figuring out how all this would work if implemented would be an interesting challenge.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like it if only several are guaranteed.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I suspect 'decent slugger' was just an oversight. Above average slugger would be more appropriate although decent slugger is a minimum I look for when thinking about power hitters. But minimum rating is minimum rating.

Again, the ability to sort for most of those have value, at least to me. Without thinkly deeply about the strategy of it there is only one or two I can see myself not using. Yeah, two. Not going to say which ones. I think individual strategy is better for this game than group think. We are quickly approaching parity unseen before and the only edge anyone can exploit beyond luck is individual strategy. That isn't to say I won't discuss these things in private, but to throw out individual strategies in a public thread is self defeating.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not an oversight, I was looking to hang things around 15. All the ranges are different. I would take the 13-15 Contact filter over the 14-17 Power filter. Even from just a few responses, we are getting quite a bit of difference in which filters people would prioritize. So I think we can debunk the theory that there is an illusion of choice and only some filters would get used. In fact we are seeing that people would use different filters depending on their team strategy and skill prioritization.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I use hitter, fastball, and fielding as my top 3 things to look for, I think.

I would only support this idea if:

It was an alternative to the current system rather than a replacement. In that I mean, you can choose on of those things Rock listed OR pick 10 random players from one of the pools as they exist. And if you use one of Rock's categories, it's from all players, not a specific pool. They can't get used together basically.

I don't see it as a problematic system since even if you pulled 10 "very good hitters", some of them could have POTs as low as 9 still. It doesn't ensure you get a superstar... just a guy who can hit.

Previous Page | Show All |