Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pinch Hitting Addition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The way Pinch Hitting currently works we cannot have the option to PH or not PH depending if whether or not the team is winning or losing. And I personally think it would make sense to have that option.

For me personally when my team is winning I normally want the best defensive player on the field, and not have him pulled for a PH that can even be playing OOP the rest of the game.

So to give us that option, on the management tab we could for example add something like:

Pinch Hit vs LHB | RHB unless team is winning by [# of runs].

Or something that could give us the option.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wondering why users aren't much into this addition to the PH scenario. Been at least a couple of times this season that I personally had guys come in to PH with a close lead and stay on the field out of position that committed errors that lead to the other team scoring runs, some I managed to win others I lost.

Sure it's just a regular season game, but it's horrible to lose like that, on an error by a player that you would not want to come in to PH under that situation because you rather have the best defender on the field.

Some could say, just don't PH then, but that really isn't a valid argument, I just think that we need more control over the PH scenario, when we want to use a PH or not.

Is this something that has been shot down before?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not exactly this, but various topics have been raise on PH. In general everyone would like more control over how it happens and who gets picked.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Good to know it's not just me. :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I would like to give more control into player substitution/pinch hitting, but we need simple, yet powerful controls for the managers. I don't think I've been able to define those yet.

Steve
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Add matchup pitcher to face special opponent hitter in late innings.

Previous Page | Show All |