Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Playoffs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
How about,
After regular season 2nd and 3rd would play wild card game/serie and winner would face 1st positioned team.
It would be highlight of the season for so many teams.plus there would be major difference for being 3rd or 4th...
Plus maybe it would be even fair, after 160 games in regular season, it might be one point that makes the difference of who gets promoted.
Thoughts ?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What's fair about giving a 70-win club one series to knock off a 100-win club? Didn't you just have 160 games to do that?

If your club is only good enough to finish 15 games back in a lower league, what happens against an entire league of first-place caliber clubs?

motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
1st question: u know the meaning of playoffs? its there in the mlb also. After 162 regular season games they still play playoffs, not only AL champion against NL champion. it happens in many other sports also.

2nd question, the rules would be the same regardless of the division level
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Playoffs like you suggested work in systems where you can't promote or demote, like MLB. In BB, the whole 160 games should be decisive, and they are. I think it's fair and should not be changed.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not in favor of it. The playoffs are perfect here.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

The only place where I could see this taking root is the legends league cause no one gets promoted since their already at the top. Though I'm not sure it will even be good up there

Previous Page | Show All |