Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Seasonal BB-wide player leaderboard.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 The League page has a link to all-time leaders in various stats for the entirety of Broken Bat; why not current season leaders so users can see just how well their players stack up against the best of the best in Broken Bat? Put the same layout on it as the League Leaders page, maybe expand it to the top twenty-five instead of just the top ten, and give it a link next to the All-Time Leader link. (Also, if this page already exists, please point me at it because I didn’t find it when I went looking.)

Updated Wednesday, April 5 2017 @ 1:52:37 pm PDT
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think that would be pretty meaningless. The different leagues are so diverse, its not really an apples to apples comparison. A guy hitting .405 in one LL-6 might be a .205 hitter in a different LL-6.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 The all-time leader board is pretty pointless, too, given that line of reasoning. If you’re going to do an all-time game-wide leader board, there’s no real reason not to do a seasonal game-wide leader board.

Maybe better wording on the opening post would have been comparing how your players are doing at their given level of competition against the best players at their given level of competition.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You mean the all-time in a given league? That is only slightly less bad. But at least you can map that to era comparison in the real world. I think showing a comparison across LL-VI would be like comparing AAA to NPB to KBO to LDBP.

I'm not voting against the idea. I'm just saying I would look at it exactly as much as I look at all-time league data (which is never).
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The all league all time records has more meaning than a seasonal leaderboard for all players because a players career can be at different levels while during the season he is at one level. Not a big fan of this idea.

A level all player leader board would only hold more merit the higher the level. There are 32 leagues and 384 teams, that is too much diversity to accurately gauge a players abilities. There are more than likely a few lvl vi teams that can compete at a higher lvl, but are stuck in a tough league.

Updated Thursday, April 6 2017 @ 12:09:10 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |