Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Range Factor   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would like to see range factor, which is (PO+A) * 9/DIP, added as a stat. I think this will show how accurate a players range skill bar is. A player's arm can be seen in the amount of DP or OA he has and his fielding can be seen in his fielding PCT.

At the very least, it would be nice to know DIP so owners could figure it out themselves.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the concept, we need more stats we can tie player evaluation too.

However, I've never really consider RF to be very useful. If you have a good rotation, your RF values will all be low. Only players on teams with bad pitching have good range factors. If you have a lot of lefty pitchers, your 2B RF will be higher. Too much is dependent on the rest of the team makeup. Which means minors data on RF would be completely useless. Plus the way Range is handled in this game, I'm not sure the number would actually tie to anything real.

Also, I haven't seen any correlation between double plays and Arm. So I'm not sure DP is telling you as much as you think. I suspect that Arm does correlate with more thrown outs at 1B, but that is basically impossible to see in the data.

A big part of fielding percentage (and maybe DPs) is also tied into position experience, so I would consider that with some grains of salt as well ;) Remember having capital letters for a position doesn't mean the guy is maxed out in experience.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, DIP does exist for the "Latest". Well its DIS, but its practically the same. You just need to pull the data each Thursday night if you want to track it for your players.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was thinking a seasonal DIP for more accuracy.

A rotation can skew this if they rack up a lot of K's in a season or a few, though I believe range factor stats will be helpful throughout a players career.

After further thinking, I can see how strong pitching overall can still skew the range factor. Though I think more casual owners could benefit from adding range factor or defensive innings played to the stat sheet.

Updated Tuesday, March 28 2017 @ 8:18:22 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |