Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pitching Management Addition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Would like to see an option added to the SP's that could allow them to stay in the game beyond the selected pitch count. I've seen something similar to what I'm posting in another game, and it seemed to work well.

Something like:

Don't remove SP if he allowed less than [insert # of] Hits. Unless there are [insert # of] Runners on base. And the team's lead is fewer than [insert # of] Runs.

And a straight up, don't pull SP if he allowed less than [insert # of] Runs.

Those options could be activated only if we want to and for all SP's or for the ones we want too.

I think it could allow for a bit more control over them when they are pitching well depending on each of our standards for pitching obviously.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would just give a more lenient pitch count if I wanted guys to throw longer... it's not like it'll push them to the count if they exceed the hook setting anyway.
ChillFunkEz3000

High Point Shaolin Stars
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would just give a more lenient pitch count if I wanted guys to throw longer... it's not like it'll push them to the count if they exceed the hook setting anyway.

What if you want a SP removed even if he hasn't reached the pitch count you selected or the hook? What if you have bases loaded and you want another pitcher in?

The suggestion is to give more control over pitchers in more situations. There are situations right now that are beyond our control seemingly, for example, if I have a guy tossing a NH or a PG I want to be sure he stays in and don't gets yanked because of the pitch count, but I also don't want to lose a game like that because I have a guy there pitching exhausted walking the bases loaded and giving up a big hit that costs the team the game, so if you add the "Don't remove SP if he allowed less than [insert # of] Hits. Unless there are [insert # of] Runners on base. And the team's lead is fewer than [insert # of] Runs." (or something similar to that) option that will be much more under our control.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes the in game manager decides to leave guys in to finish no hitters even if they go over the pitch count a little.

The hook is pretty powerful:

2 * Earned Runs > Hook
or
Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook

So the guy isn't going to be yanked with bases loaded, unless he has already given up some runs in the game. I wouldn't suggest setting a starters hook lower than 5. With a 5 for instance he will be yanked after he has given up 3 runs, or if he has bases loaded after already giving up 2 runs. I usually set my starters at 7. That way they get yanked after giving up 4 runs (runners are irrelevant at 7).
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I know the game you're talking about 😉

Previous Page | Show All |